Friday - you have been warned!

I posted about this on another post but no one seemed interested:

World Boss level restrictions - PC General Discussion - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)

2 Likes

Yea people forget this every time its quite sad.

Except that we’re all paying for the game, and paying a lot. In what other industry is it an accepted practice to pay for a service that you can’t use without waiting in line?

They know exactly how many copies of the game they sold.
They know exactly how many beta codes were redeemed.
And they have years and years and years of data to analyze what the load graph will look like from launch day and beyond.

Making sure they have enough resources should be the norm, like in every other industry in existence. They can always scale down to save costs if the load is lower than forecast or as it diminishes over time.

6 Likes

Any service where servers are a thing…

This is standard practice.

You dont build an engine to redline 24/7. You build it to withstand a good average rpm and last. The money it would cost to run pinned out non stop would be exponentially more and not worth it.

Blizzard IS a business, in it for a profit. It would be financially irresponsible to dump all that money just so people dont have to wait and and not flood these forums with tears.

I understand you dont know how the things work that you are going to be mad about, but, thats how it is.

1 Like

LOL sure. Which is why we have performance benchmarks and pageload benchmarks for literally every web service in existence.

But ok. You’re the “smart” guy in the room.

1 Like

Right now, clearly I am, thank you for acknowledging.

Good thing it doesn’t take you waiting in a 1 hour queue to post on these forums.

Imagine that. Wonder how they figured out how to make that work.

3 Likes

Entirely different. Comparing apples to bowlingballs my dude. Youre showing even more clearly you dont know wtf you’re talking about.

1 Like

:facepalm: Underlying devices and technology is identical. The only difference is the application. In any case, I didn’t get on here to argue. The very same standards of connectivity and availability could apply to games that apply to every other web connected application, if gamers demanded it.

Same load issues. Same cost concerns. Etc.

1 Like

Wrong again. You just keep striking out man. Keep going, its funny.

“You mean the files are IN the computer?”

Lol.

1 Like

I’ve been in a queue for over 4+ hours when I finally got to be connected, I got error code 396022 (unable to ping a server) after half a dozen tries and getting the same error, I then got an error code 315306 (unable to find a valid licence) I’ve played the original beta release early in the year and the last beta release last weekend. Battle. net really needs to get its act together

1 Like

Keep trying. Dont let the fact the servers arent live for another 15 hours stop you.

1 Like

HAHAHA dude the beta isn’t live yet. Please stop trying to log on. Tomorrow 9am PST / Noon EST.

3 Likes

Except services have extended bandwidth, capacity, and much more to meet demands of the users during peak loads… It’s been in practice for over a decade… this isn’t the first “stress test” in history… you can’t be this naive.

Ahhh youve clearly missed the first part of the entire back and forth. Go reread, slowly.

Ill also add this.

THAT STILL INCREASES COST TO HAVE THE FLEXIBILITY TO EXPAND THAT FAR, AND THEY ARENT GOING TO PAY IT TO ONLY UTILIZE IT FOR A WEEK OR TWO.

Hopefully that helps.

No, they won’t. If you read the post it says they will be intentionally using the capacity estimates to stress the system, all but guaranteeing ques tomorrow, so better hope you win the login lottery.

If anyone thinks the queues will not be worse tomorrow than they were on the closed beta we just had, I’m sorry to be the one to tell you this but… you’re wrong.

I get it, that hurts to hear and I too will be suffering through the same queues. We all will. Like a big family. It’s ok we’re in this together. See you in Sanctuary… eventually.

2 Likes

Oh, gods. These people, or whoever they are, are at it again. THIS IS BETA! Not a release. Read the beta announcement. Blizzard wrote a couple of warnings there for the “smart” ones.

If it’s their own servers then it’s not an issue, unless of course they’re paying for ags or something else, but it wouldn’t matter for a beta phase however for release I would imagine they would increase their capacity for authentication servers, and game world servers. Stability is another issue that they’ll have to optimize since there’s a fair amount of desync/lag from the gameplay servers. That could take longer since we have no idea how their netcode is utilized with their technology.

This is still blizzard, not the old blizzard, but it’s not a small indie dev releasing in early access on steam.

Fundamentally incorrect. If it was their own, theyd have to pay for the realestate to support it, being even more wasteful. The difference in average load support to max load support on SELF OWNED servers will be 10s of millions of dollars in hardware, space, power, cooling. Etc.

Right now, all, or almost all game servers from blizz are leased through google I believe, you can google documents showing that, Im not invested in explaining enough to do it for you, but if you care, its not hard to find.

Either way, financially its dumb to reserve the space to flex much further above average support load, because after the first week or 2 of launch you will rarely go above that.

Its not rocket science, its common sense.

3 Likes