Found a 925 power Grandfather...what am I supposed to do with it as a Necro on Eternal?

What build should I do? I could see it working for both bone or overpower-based builds. Currently a shadow damage/minion/mendeln build and I just don’t see this working as nicely in that outside of raw damage numbers.

1 Like

Bone definetly, to make better use of the crit potential.

2 Likes

absolutely bone spear as indian said, youll have a great time with the grandfather =)
If you dont want to give up your minion, id just make a second necromancer to make use of the item. it will be absolutely worth it =)

grats on the GF drop =)

1 Like

Grandfather is utterly massive. That Crit just skyrockets! Read it carefully, it’s (x) Crit, not (+)!

3 Likes

The correct answer is make a barb

7 Likes

Yeah. Hard to give up that Lidless on a bone necro. I mean if one wants to do damage AND live. Like the man said make a barb. Give you something to do with it for 2 weeks till it’s obsolete.

Eh there’s other ways to live as Necro but right now I’ve a setup that abuses the crap out of 4 second CDR to an active CD for every 5 uses of my basic and I’m using that + Exhume Glyph + Land of the Dead to generate huge amounts of corpses, get my minions back up if they somehow die and to give myself maximum fortify since LotD triggers Exhume per skeleton spawned.

So for me to swap out and into Grandfathers I’d really have to change stuff up big time. Not sure it’s worth it.

dont need lidless to survive as a bonespear necro. if built properly you have no issues with t100 clearing.

lidless was good for aoz, but with grandfather t100 is not an issue. everything dies before it ever gets close

4 Likes

All ubers come at 925. I have that one and a shako that I use for my bonespear necro. Have fun! :smiley:

Based on that same logic, you don’t need Grandfather to kill as a Bone Spear necro.

By using Grandfather you lose not only Lidless Wall, which has max essence and grants 20% crit chance from permanent Bone Storm, but also the offensive aspect from 1hander.

Depending on the rings you use (if you use uniques and/or resource aspect it will be hard to fit in all the good offensive aspects), the overall damage increase Grandfather provides can be mediocre at best and you become clunkier and squishier.

1 Like

not true. Grandfather is a massive damage boost, since the crit dmg increase is multiplicative. Of course one needs to keep his crit rate in check (due to the lack of perma bone storm, however, you still get to keep bone storm as an offensive/defensive cooldown), but thats standard gearing on a bone spear anyway.

Aspect wise, well, while true, this is the case for any uber unique. id personally drop the serration aspect.

i personally wouldnt see any reason, as to why one wouldnt use a grandfather, once one is lucky enough to get it.

I wouldn’t. I like the Lidless playstyle. Handles the same content easier and bone isn’t hurting for damage in the least, already. Coupled with the unique one-hander and ring that spreads CE all over the screen on auto, it’s fast and efficient. For that build a grandfather would be of no use. And not for 2 weeks, especially, when everything’s already been done.

Equip it? That’s what I would do.

Unequipping a Lidless Eye in favor of Grandfather is silly unless perhaps you are using it for the Gauntlet and need to insta-kill everything. Lidless Eye allows me to speedrun a t100 vault in 2 minutes so I don’t see how giving up that near invincibility for some more, frankly pointless in Season 3, offense is a good trade-off.

Any build you want, pretty much. Damage = gonzo

I’d kill my build doing that since I need my 2 Aspects on my shield and weapon. PLUS my shield had a 5.6% Lucky Chance hit which is just preem.

Have to agree with others. Delete necro and make barb. Grand Profit!

GF on Necro is fun. Shield spec is falling asleep boring. D4 has too much toughness, need to further nerf another 100% to spice up things.