Flat Damage Passives and Aspects Are Mostly Weak

I’ve not noticed much at all in the PTR patch notes touching on this, except for Ice Spikes aspect and maybe other other ones the scale flat dmg #'s.

Every time I look at some kind of build guide for a class, it’s usually focuses on anything multiplicative on that class’ passive tree. And if there is a point listed in something with a flat dmg number it’s usually to only open up the pathway.

I feel like there are so many interesting passives and aspects (and uniques) that go off flat dmg, but they are seriously underwhelming when they proc.

Azurewrath sword is fun, and as weak as those procs hit, it’s amazing to me that iconic gloves like Frostburn don’t even have a dmg proc to begin with (here’s to hoping Frosties get some love).

Druid lighting/nature passives has a lot of flat dmg lightning bolt interactions, but they hit so incredibly weak outside of campaign and Helltides.

I’m not sure how hard it is to balance flat #'s but they’ve been fairly weak since the game has launched.
It feels bad to skip past all these cool interactions/lucky hit procs on the tree knowing they are essentially wasted points.

1 Like

This is why power creep is bad. We grow stronger faster than Blizzard can balance everything out.

1 Like

The solution is to bring the “multiplicatives” down (not the other way round)