Fenris Error - Fix?

Hi,

I’ve been having multiple fenris errors since launch . Crashes range anywhere from 1min to an hour into gameplay.

I did a clean windows 11 install, with the latest updates and drivers and the game would still crash. Played around with various settings and it did not help.

I noticed the crash log would show more often than not that the game was polling one of my audio devices (usually the wrong one) and then crash. So I turned off all audio devices save the one I was using and manually selected it in game.

But the only thing that fixed it was to switch my monitor refresh rate to 60, and cap the in game to 60.

My pc specs are definitely on the higher end.
13900K, 4090, 32 DDR5 . So I should be able to run the game on any setting.
I’m running 3 monitors and have set all to 60hz.
Hope this helps others.
But I also want to find an alternative so I can run the game at 144 and not have to set my monitor settings for other games just so I can play Diablo.
Any one else running multiple monitors and crashing?

I just had this error happen to me when another player used the Local Chat to ask me a question… Blizzard needs to fix this buggy game. Fury Against Fate - a quest in Dry Steppes - is also bugged & needs to be fixed.

They won’t be fixing this. Been happening to half the community for 30+ days with no communication from Blizzard. Only way it will ever get fixed is if a well-known content creator begins to have this problem. Then magically it will get fixed in hours. Otherwise, Blizzard could not care less about the rest of us.

1 Like

I have contacted many many game review websites about this crash and not a single acknowledgement from them either. I asked them to contact blizzard or tweet @ them. Clearly they were told to keep quite or they will not review future products like the d4 expansion

Yup, the polling audio device looks to be an issue for MANY people.
I’ve gone through other peoples’ Fenris logs to find polling of audio device every second which then leads to a crash.

I actually got a reply from support that there is a known audio bug that they are investigating. I’m hoping it is this audio bug they are referencing since I highlighted my issue to them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.