Fenris crash after new patch

Was playing fine this afternoon. After I applied the patch crash screen when logging in with Fenris notification and a useless code.

Can we play 1 single day without logging issues?

AMD 7800x3d
RTX 4080

There is no way I can’t run this game with that. FIX THE GAME

104B0FE8-A3FE-498C-9FE0-5F15F3817F35

4 Likes

Try the following and see if works:

• repair the game
  • look for the game settings file and disable chroma effects (set value to 1)
  • ensure u have latest nvidia drivers
  • on nvidia control panel, reset to default values
  • disable windows defender
  • disable windows firewall
  • restart pc

Fingers crossed for you.

1 Like

I tried some of those but this is a new win install. I deleted the game and I’m downloading again. Was working fine until today.

1 Like

So, in order to get the game working, we should disable any and all security on our computers?

2 Likes

Is what i did the first days of the game and it worked for me.

I downloaded the entire game again. Error keeps happening but now sometimes I get into the game for 10-20 seconds and then it crashes again. Disabled Antivirus and network but no changes.

Disabling cross-play may resolve, still testing but seeing good results on my end so far.

Having the same experience as well. Seems to be random. Sometimes I go 20min no issue, this time 1 min. Lost 3 sigils so far from this which is annoying when doing NM dungeons solo.

1 Like

Well, used ddu and removed Nvidia drivers and tried 2 previous older versions and nothing. Games keeps crashing at the logging screen with Fenris exceptions…

This is so bad…I ran out of ideas.

I’m able to log in, but I cannot play for more than 5 minutes before crashing to desktop with some useless code and a box asking me to describe my issue. I played late into the night yesterday with no issue, now with todays patch the game is completely broken. What the hell happened here…

Yes, same issue but now the screen happens when login no matter what. I checked the debug files but nothing useful.

Same I had no issues last patch until yesterday. Maybe its a minion necro thing? Also I uninstalled 3 times reinstalled deleted all old files/settings/firewall bs/made bios only recognize pci-exppress since one fix claimed it was using integrated graphics/updated graphics drivers from the original diablo relased ones with nvidia to the current ones/updated windows drivers/deleted cache of whole computer under all temp file categories/basically ive tried everything lol and still I crash within 1-3 minutes of playing. I am a necro minion build if that has anything to do with it I have not tried making a new character… trying to help solve this issue because when I scroll through twitter comments on the post for new patch yesterday and reddit as well many people claiming they are having the same issue so im like 99% its on BLIZZARDS end. PLEASE FIX! =/

Experiencing the exact same situation. I had not had a single crash since launch, the patch went in yesterday and now I cannot play longer than 5-10 minutes without getting a Fenris crash. I’ve attempted the following:

Repair Tool
Re-install
Closing all other non-critical applications
Updated Graphics Drivers
Ensured on-board GPU was disabled
Restarted Modem/Router
Enabled/Disabled nVidia Reflex (both failed to correct)
Locked FPS to 60
Changed graphics settings to lower values
Changed to windowed and windowed full (both failed to correct)
Disabled Windows firewall
Bypassed Router firewall
Sacrificed 13 chickens and a mottled goat
Sat on an upside down bar stool (didn’t help and now I am bleeding)
Lifted prayers in all major religions including multiple denominations of each
Conversed with an exhaustive list of IG Bots
Begged ChatGPT

None of these things have fixed the issue. Soooooo if anyone has any other suggestions (that don’t involve upside down furniture) lemme know…

3 Likes

Same problem here, after the patch yesterday still CTD - after +200 houres of no problems!!!

2 Likes

I’m in IT and I can tell you that is stupid and risky. I know unless you have set up custom rules it still isn’t great, but I will not be compromising my security to level up my Barb in Diablo 4 because Blizzard don’t know how to code a game. This is ridiculous!!!

1 Like

Im in IT too. I use my pc just for gaming. For everything else i have my other laptop.

No issues.

Dropping texture quality to low has fixed this for me.

So far I tried:

3 older Nvidia drivers versions
Setting lower FPS limits, Tried on my 1440 and 1080 monitors setting refresh rates to 60.
Reinstalled the game 4 times on 3 different drivers, sata, nvme, hdd
Removed Expo settings on bios.
Applied all Windows 10 patches available. My Windows is two weeks old.
Tried lowering settings on Diablo settings.
Tried several combinations of the above and also modifying the pref file on docs/Diablo folder.
Tried deleting d3d and opengl cache folders on appsettings, also deleted NGX folder since it was mentioned in the logs but unrelated.
Reviewed the Fenris logs and dump files after every change tried but is irrelevant since the error is always an Access Violation Exception (bad coding and memory management)

The errors happen always on the main thread of the application and is not even clear that are caused by graphic settings.

Best thing everyone can do is open a ticket to blizzard and send you MSInfo Dxdiag files.
The issue as I said on other threads is caused by bad coding and memory management.

On some systems it crashes right away and on others memory leaks and crashes after a while. Some people are lucky and some of the things above and others I tried that are not listed worked but for the most part it will only get fixed with a new patch.

My PC
AMD7800x3d
Gigabyte 4080OC
Samsung 980PRO ssd
MSI x670e Tomahawk
16x2 G.Skill 6000 cl30

Same thing since the patch. game is unplayable and the only ticket response was a copy pasta generic shi.

Please follow the main thread here for more information.

1 Like