Extremely slow download speed

Totally forgot to pre-install the expansion. Opened bnet to do so and everything was going great. However, I have been stuck at 35% downloaded now for at least 30 minutes. The speed is stuck around 10KB/S. I have checked/changed/turned off download limits. Have tried pausing and restarting, Tried closing and reopening Bnet, and have tried every server my VPN allows. idk what is going on :frowning:

Probably due to high demand on the download server I would suspect.

Mine was done earlier this week, and it was fine. But I didn’t time it, just started it and did other things.

I wonder how many servers they have allocated for content downloads in each region. What got me, is I was getting the exact same speed no matter what country I VPN’d to.

Maybe the problem is more local.

Believe it or not, it happens.

I randomly went to 75MB/S, and it finished.

However I do apologize to everyone for the delay to the launch. Blizzard pushed it back to ensure that my game downloaded.

I can officially say that my download is done, so we can push the launch time back to the original :slight_smile:

cog wheel, game settings, downloads, make sure your pre-release content doesn’t say 1000kb/s

Yeah Blizzard hasn’t figured out load-balancing, through-put, or saturation yet it seems.

On steam today I d/l 853MB in 4s on my 500MB cnx. I literally blinked and it was done. I had to check to make sure it didn’t fail.

On Blizzard, best they seem to manage is 25MB peak, but currently their network can only seem to serve at 100kb - 300kb /s

And yes my throttle is set to: 5550000 kb/s

Started my Steam update about 5 minutes ago. Already 20%.

The bnet app download its pre update a week ago or something.

What on earth for? No one has that fast of an internet.

You can just put it to 0 or nothing, and it will go full speed.

I haven’t been bothering with putting in numbers, that actually does nothing.

You have more results just pausing and resuming actually.