Edgemaster vs. Elements aspect, on 2H weapon

Hi. Playing a barb. I highly suspect Elements aspect is superior, because of the higher number and the fact it adds that much damage all the time. All of this, assuming the % is maxed in both cases of course.

Please correct me if I’m wrong. Thanks.

Have to remember that the Elements aspect is likely only going to benefit you 50% of the time. Likewise with Edgemaster only if you have a high resource pool most of the time. As with most things its going to depend on your build and play style.

1 Like

How so? Do you think only Physical damage applies, when using Elements aspect? The rest is useless, because I have no elemental damage from other sources to begin with? I was led to believe otherwise.

Because it flip flops between 2 sets (Fire, Lightning, Physical) and (Cold, Poison, Shadow) so unless you are doing something substantial from both sets you only get the real benefit when your set is active.

Depends how well you generate Fury , but I would lean towards Edgemaster’s between the two.

Do one of the vampiric skills give you poison?? How are you proccing the 2nd set in elements?

Personally before I had 2 uniques in my 2H slots (Overkill and Ancients Oath)
I ran Death Wish and Burning Rage in the 2H slots.

well… yes. if you only use physical, you only get the buff half the time.

so either you thought physical wasnt an element and you got the buff 100% uptime, which is completely wrong since you would get zero percent uptime if you werent using an element

or

you thought your attacks turned into those elements or something during the phases???

I am so absolutely confused with what you are thinking. or you arent getting across what you actually mean.


bottom line, if you only use physical, elements is only going to give you the buff half the time. the other half of the time you get nothing from using that aspect.

I checked this on my Tal Rasha Everything Bagel Sorc and it is actually quite a nice aspect for Sorc. Especially if you use Firebolt Enchantment and Blizzard. I use Blizzard and Firewall and the firebolt enchantment and this aspect cleans house.

It’s basically a Convention of Elements ~ Aspect.

It’s primarily designed for timed burst dps unless one can take advantage of multiple DPS sources.
Since most builds are built to optimize 1 - as others said: 50% uptime.
I can say it works well with my Phys & Shadow Imbue Rogue though.

1 Like

I used the Elements aspect early on in Hota playthrough rather than annoying ones like expectant but once you have better gear and can generate fury easily, Edgemaster is better.