Ears are in Diablo 4

Seeing as it seems most people don’t know, I figured I’d pass out the news that ears are, at least currently, in D4. At 5:26 in the endgame gameplay trailer, an ear shows up in the inventory in the second row on the right side.

6 Likes

That’s a feature I’m glad is included… I don’t pvp but think your stash should have a trophy tab to store pvp victories. Ie I got asmongold’s (sp?) ear and have proof to back it up. (Sorry I don’t watch much insta-twitch unless I’m looking for something particular. )

2 Likes

i thought names werent unique this time around so ears would be pretty meaningless.

maybe im missing something

1 Like

Rod Fergusson is a hero

Good point. I wonder how that will work. Battletag ears?

3 Likes

Maybe it’s a battletag ear?

1 Like

Its their username and password. Hardcore PvP.

7 Likes

He might be, but how do we know he isn’t ruining the fresh D4 vision Barriga and others had and slowly D3-ifying D4?

And how do we know he isn’t one of the lizard people injecting brainwashing code into the game to take over our minds to use as a force to take over the world?

We don’t. Pointless statement.

I believe they mentioned they would be when they released the rogue’s reveal trailer. I rememeber them mentioning it because the rogue gives the guy ears as proof of death or whatever.

Edit: christ i hate typing on phones… lol so many errors…

1 Like

That was two years ago. We also had the angelic/demonic power system and that’s not here anymore.

I’d say one indicator is the WASD issue. I’m a big proponent of that, but Rod said “not at launch” as late as even yesterday or whatever. Which means “yeah right, not happening”.

Why would a proponent of WASD be encouraged by this? Because it shows that the game director doesn’t care about maximizing profits over game quality. That’s a trait of old blizzard. They would make more money on launch sales if people knew WASD was in there. I know people that casually games IRL that won’t buy this because of that fact. And I’m sure Rod knows this as well.

But he doesn’t care.

It’s the reason as to why he doesn’t care that’s a positive. He believes it would take away from the quality of the Diablo experience. That’s the only thing I can deduce. And if that’s his mentality, then he’s likely why ears are in the game. And likely why the game will actually be a lot better than general anticipation.

True, i bet that was impossible to ballance though. As a min maxer if half the good stuff was angelic and half was demonic, i probably would have been annoyed.

Oh yeah, I have no doubt about why it was removed. Just meant that things change a lot over 2 years.

It’s not a pointless statement. There is a fair bit known from the backgrounds and influences of the various devs- I myself hate reading too much into that, but we just don’t know enough to say for sure eitherway what Bodach mentions, or what I counter for caution with. You don’t have to butt into every conversation, it’s quite tedious

Then ignore me. Reading too much into stuff is what makes people depressed. Wait until they do something and then grill them for it rather than imagining something might happen.

Get the context right, and as for your approach, you commented this OP topic to Corpius because he said “ears aren’t a thing” then you decided to make your comment a duplicate in thread form. Pretty irksome, but I’ll take your advice

It could be, but he might have those traits (I doubt it’s up to him anyway) and still be dampening the tone overall (he probably isn’t).
I wondered whether WASD isn’t in because then they’d have to resolve the animation cancelling issue along with that, or notions of pushing for controllers/console where players are on the fence about WASD

Wouldn’t say that. It may not even be his choice and they may be rationing manhours at this stage to crunch for launch

Well yes, I’m only speculating. And maybe that’s based on a bias of wanting to think this way. Maybe it’s wrong. But hey, maybe it’s right :grin:

Good Catch :smiley:

Jeez silly 20 characters!

I didn’t think I was likely to play PvP anyway, but for some reason the idea of someone having an ear with my name on it bothers me, and makes me think I’m even less likely to enter the PvP zones.

Avoid the PvP zones to protect my ears! Maybe I’ll change my mind later, but that’s my initial reaction. :smiley: