Early S4 Forecast - Poison Returns with a Vengence

Poison rogues coming back with a vengence!

Azure wrath + greater affix around poison or DOT, we’re back baby!

Azure Wrath? Oh, you must have meant Cold Rogues :grin:

Nope, totally meant poison rogues since the non-phys boosts the poison just like Canny glyph. Freeze with high lucky hit is just a bonus.

The itemization rework in general should greatly benefit poison as most, if not all, stats will then scale poison damage. We’ll have to wait for the patch notes to know for sure.

But that stat helps out every Imbuement. But on top of that the Crowd Control Damage and the extra Freeze really helps out Cold Rogues

1 Like

I’m very happy with everything that was shown. In the campfire example we have Marksmans Finesse which can give: -Marksmans Damage, Marksmans Critikal Strike Chance, Marksmans Critikal Strike Damage and Rain of Arrows Damage. Today in my 3/4 build they are still good. Although Marksmans Damage seems to be the best of them.

It looks like special attention will be paid to grenades and ultimates

1 Like

Hard to tell without seeing what other changes get cascaded through, but…

• Poison was good in season 2 because of flowing veins (60% more DoT damage)
  • Poison damage was still bugged with bladedancer’s aspect at this time
  • CQC gave 4x as much damage bonus (up to 170%) as it does now (up to 35%)
  • Precision was much much worse, but now is a guaranteed crit with a 2.6x multiplier on marksman damage

So poison has a long way to go to be competitive again.

1 Like

I’d be curious to try TB poison with the new Inner Sight potentially. But I’m really want to try a Flurry Grenade rogue again with all those changes to flat damage and grenade aspects.

1 Like

Posion still works well. It did a lot more before due to TB being bugged, and CQC giving 150% more damage.

I just want exposure key passive to have its Grenade damage scale with the glyph and aspects…

fail :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

RANDOM KEKW

Okay, poison rogue grenades! Lol

Seriously though, I"m totally going Azure + Doombringer.

I want to try Poison Barrage now.

(By the way: Barrage got another buff from the aspect that allows it to pierce and increased its attack speed by up to 20% – we’re going full Multishot)

1 Like

That is exactly what I plan too :+1::blush:

1 Like