Early Patch Notes or PTR is a MUST

This mentality is ok for the company getting the easy money but terrible for the customer base.

It shows in reviews particular for video games. BG 3 is NOT more fun to play to me personally than D4 but their long testing period allowed them to put a huge percentage of things their playerbase wanted into the game and it showed immensely in the player reviews.

Yeah, I played BG3, and I don’t like the pace. Prefer D4; however, all my kids started a new campaign with me, so we have family gaming night on BG3.

D4 was supposed to be that, but…alas…we were a pretty big blizzard family at one time, HOTS, overwatch, diablo, hearthstone, now kids have moved over to rust / bg3 / LOL. I don’t know if they moved away from hearthstone as I don’t think there’s a competing platform yet.

We made a conscious decision not to play WOW as we thought it would be too addicting and destroy us. LOL.

There are other ways to take feedback without attaching them to release dates and patches.

The issue is with a live service game these things need to be addressed in a timely manner. Not sat and discussed about at the monthly board meeting.

If it’s a major issue even one week is too long of a wait. If my internet goes down do you think I’d accept “We’ll be there next Saturday?”. No I won’t. Not without them pro rating the time I missed.

Not disagreeing, and the should do this without making it dependent on the patch release.

That’s the only issue I have is that most channels of feedback are addressed in meetings and that takes too much time to schedule.

Sorc Resists are broken.The devs said they were not working several months ago. That’s kind of game breaking. Can they still run NMs? Absolutely. Can they do it as effectively? No because a high majority of a sorc’s survivability is based on its int/res connection.

the weird thing is on d3 we have/had ptrs allot not a single one here in D4

1 Like

PTR is not gonna help if they ignore feedback like D3 team did with the low paragon cap and movement speed change in season 29.

lol true true, I agree, no point if they aren’t going to use any of the feedback or fix anything or have time / resources to bother.

It’s after the stream is over, that way nobody can ask questions about the patch during the stream. Last time it was several hours later.

One, to some extent, I am stating that you are correct. However, there is a reason we have a legal system in real life. Also, the number of people who complained on the forums that they did not know about X, did not realize Y was banned is rather big number.

Two, the Blizzard team was surprised by so many things that they really need a PTR. I just do not see it happening very soon. The number of hours that people spent to get to 100 comes to mind. After all, there is a reason why the Hardcore Chase to 100 was planned to go into Spetember.