Dust Devils Builds?

Has anyone built around these?
Does Azurewrath boost Dust Devil damage?

Dust Devils damage is actually physical which is strange the least. I think someoen put together one last season to test it out. It’s a novel idea. Whirlwind is more favorable. Only because it’s easier to proc them with the aspect which will lead to 100% uptime on the glyph combining Devilish aspect as well.
There;s just too many flaws with dust devils.

1. They have minion AI. They will run across the room before going after the target. Barrels are consider a target.
  2. Moves slow as hell.
  3. Only deals damage once. Even if they last for 5 seconds.

I hope blizzard will make the Whirlwind attractive again with the new itemization in S4. At the moment everything around the Whirlwind is disappointing and uninteresting.

Lets hope for Season 4.

1. It deals Flat X Damage. While you can find a perfect 20% Edgemasters Aspect at Lvl 20, you won’t find Dust Devil ones until 925s drop since anything with “X” values is contingent on ilvl. Coincidentally, while being the hardest to find max of and needing to be upgraded, it also scales and performs the worst comparative to Multiplicative Aspects which are easy to get and don’t matter if you found it on a Regular or Sacred item.

This makes sense ← said in Ralph Wiggums voice as I eat paste

I built around it as much as i could to about 85, leveled the glyph to max, got every possible dmg amplifier on, and it dragged enough to make me do a hard switch.

Mostly it’s just used to try and get one additional multiplier.