Dungeons + Objectives

I understand the beta was limited to the fractured peaks but from what we experienced most objectives were repetitive in nature. Constantly running from A to B while completing X got nauseating pretty fast and even though cellars were quick and painless they ultimately felt pointless.

This may or may not change once all areas and dungeons are available so I wanted to ask the community a question about their philosophy.

Since the world of Sanctuary is static and dungeons are fixed would it be more beneficial to simplify the approach and make “dungeon objectives” random in general?

Are objectives and boss fights absolutely necessary for every single dungeon in DIV?

In DII most dungeons had elites and gold chests. Simple.
Throw ilvls into the mix and there was incentives to farm.

DIII had fixed dungeons also but made their access completely random.

I think there’s more replayability by encouraging players to explore instead of daunting them with a barrage of tasks to complete. Personally I would love to see more narrative driven side quests instead.

This is just my opinion obviously but I am curious to know what others think about the system.
Thanks for reading and sharing.

1 Like

Instead of many dungeons requiring players to travel down hallways to reach a side room, activate an objective, and retread the same path to return to the critical path, Blizzard writes that many objectives have now been repositioned along main dungeon pathways. Some objectives required players to interact with various objects or carry an object to a specific location. All those kinds of interactions have now been sped up, with players now moving faster when carrying objective objects and it taking less time to activate objectives.
Well this is there solution so Expect a downgrade in this game they don’t care if the game is deep or challenging they want more ppl playing equals more battle pass or store cosmetics it’s just immortal again a meaningless loop onto of the devs hard work to make a money sink and call it “QOL” i am not impressed by them simplifying dungeons one of the only good things in the beta aside from repetitive enemies and boring traps,bosses. which is addressable.
Service game like this is probable gonna yo-yo before it “Maybe gets good” i mean they really should be doing alot better imo.

Season 4 updates seem promising but I must humbly request that the developers seriously reconsider their philosophy with player engagement.

The endless barrage of “objectives” and timer events still feel cumbersome to the overall experience.

Are there any plans to update these systems and free us from the burden of performing remedial tasks indefinitely?

How about a rework to renown so it’s not completely pointless?