Druid staff of the crone build and some PTR feedback

When i saw the nerf to the thunderstruck paragon node i was a bit worried because that node was the main damage multiplier for my build, sadly my preocupations were true.

So i’ve been testing new setups with the new stuff and so far nothing can compensate for the huge loss in damage. The most viable solution is to run cataclysm with the new bjorntusks gloves but if you do that you are forced to add that skill which is bad for theorycrafting and build diversity: what if i don’t want/like to feel forced to take that skill?

I think capping the node is good change overall but it seems blizzard didn’t thought about all the build diversity or build possibilities they were ruining with this change.

So my proposed change is one of the following (or maybe all of them):

-buff the staff of the crone so the damage multiplier works for both claw and storm strike. Also fix it so it can properly work and interact with adaptability aspect and moonrise, many people have confirmed that there is some missing damage there because storm strike doesn’t get the multiplier from adaptability.
-buff the perfect storm key passive it should be a 100 (x) multiplier like unbridled rage or unconstrained for barbarians.
-buff the basic skill damage the same way the core skills got buffed due to the shepherds aspect nerf.

Finally, for the next PTR we should have a unique and aspects vendor, having to grind so much just to test stuff is not practical for people and for the limited time the PTR has it also may be unpractical for balance porpouses. Obviusly im no game dev so i don’t really now if adding something like that would actually be practical at all, but if you can do it somewhat easily then do it.

3 Likes

I made a post about this as well trying to get a fix for my favorite build. Thanks for trying too

1 Like

as a previous stormclaw enjoyer i dont believe they will fix this… even if they fixed the staff the bigger issue is that wolf builds just dont have the survivability that they need to be viable… that was issue with werenado for S4 after they dropped all the DR from gear

1 Like