Druid S4 changes

Just me or does the Druid changes feel MEH at best? Not quite sure what I expected, but nothing seems meaningful – except for companions, but the damage and healing changes feel less than marginal.

1 Like

yeah I feel the same way it seems like that want to focus on using both wolf and bear forms

it’s really not much. druid will largely play the same he does now.
companions? same build, but less bad (still won’t be top tier and never will).
something with landslide: yes, was already possible.
shred might use lacerate now, big deal.

forced diversity op items from S4 aside, nothing changes.
the game might even be more boring, since it will be faster to get a build complete and rolling. from there on it’s only about increasing numbers with harsh rng mechanics.

I’m with you, feels meh. That’s what PTR is for, give feedback if it is meh.

When I saw the video recap i thought wow, they are going to upgrade lots of skill tree branches, then notes came out and it’s like the movie trailer that shows the best part of the movie already with the lacerate change.

Hopefully I’m proven wrong this week!

sure, no doubt about that. but that won’t make me come back to the game. it’s what is beyond that. not like they’ve opened up the class so much that i can experiment around like crazy. it’s the same old builds, with maybe one little change here.
companions is playable now, but in no way a top build. lightning, tornado, shred, claw, pulverize, boulder all stay the same.

Baby steps mate. We still don’t know what the new affixes do to druids yet.

So…companion Innovation?? what do raven size do? haha

we know everything from the ptr

So there’s already a dedicated document on tempered affixes? Like extra projectiles. Larger area projectiles.

i don’t need S4, the PTR or any big patches for that though.

based on the examples they showed it’s very restrictive. you can’t make any skill have a larger area or extra projectiles. it’s more like “tornado has a 20% chance to launch a second one”. you can’t mix and match to create powerful custom skill, like your very own boulder shotgun.
and really, 20% chance for a projectile for one specific skill or a 20% larger aoe isn’t going to change anything.

i was hoping they were really going to open things up, but they didn’t.

i like the lacerate changes , is my fav skill and i only used it for fun , for hard content was “meh” (the invul was nice when undergeared)

I was able to make hurricane almost half the screen by imprinting it on a 2 hander. Currently MW it and now at 87% size. Pretty nifty, but compared to the barb that does more tornadoes “lol”, it’s underwhelming.

now imagine how fun it would be, if you would have the choice. larger tornados or more tornados. except you don’t get the choice.

2 Likes