[DRUID] feedback as a barbarian main for 5 seasons in a row

I’m playing an almost lv 100 shred druid and I noticed important things that are missing from the class.

Barbarians tank more, hit more, have more mobility, have more efficient unstoppables, have more efficient fortify, it just doesn’t make sense.

The first thing I noticed is that druids URGENTLY need an aspect similar to ANEMIA.
Barbarians stun in the area constantly, this causes them to suffer less damage.

Druids don’t have this and still suffer more damage than barbarians.

So here are the changes that I consider VITAL for druids.

1- [MOST IMPORTANT ONE, A MUST] Aspect of anemia for poison, be it stun or daze, it doesn’t matter

2- unstoppable provided by bulwark should be 4.5 seconds and not just in the duration of the shield, sometimes the shield breaks in 1 second and this melee class suffers a CC festival

3- Debilitating roar was nerfed from 70% to 40% for some reason, the duration is only 4 seconds, my question is, will it be responsive like challenging shout or will it continue to cause auto-stun on the druid when using the skill?

4- Blood howl should be significantly buffed to the point of being similar to war cry, this skill is currently horrendous.

5- Lascerate needs an urgent change, make the skill have 50 seconds of CD and reduce CD by 1 second per attack and reduce 2 seconds per critical to reward the player for sustain. Something along these lines.

That’s it for now, I’ll update after playing more.

8 Likes

Its Barblo 4 doing barbilions of damage and the most players are playing Barbs, means there is the most microtransaction shop money coming from cosmetics.

All other classes except Barbarian can simply be deleted at this state of the game.

5 Likes

really in ptr its rogues doing billions and druids doing trillions. barbs are only doing millions now.

2 Likes

Rogue Exploit is bugged
Druid Posion Creeper is bugged

Stop copium around, these are easily bugfixes.

We talk about general class balance issues where Barb is fully OP.

This copium bs.

9 Likes

sounds more like copium on your end.

yeah rogue and druid are doing more damage but bugs

Druid has the 10% inherit DR for the class plus you have access to another 20% with hurricane, passives in the skill tree can get you quite a lot of DR as well. Blood howl combined with the vigilance passive becomes a spirit generator which heals you and provides 15% extra DR. With hunters zenith ring plus tempest roar helmet it’s possible to get permanent uptime to debilitating roar which is why I think they are nerfing it.

Defensively the class is in a pretty solid spot. Where they suffer most is offensively and the only way to get any serious damage is by filling your bar with pets and those builds still vastly underperform 90% of barbarian builds. You also have a higher unique requirement to enable some of the most interesting builds in the game. I mentioned 2 that you need to play most builds this current season, but there are gloves you need for builds like lightning storm and boots that you need for shapeshifter builds. If you are looking to optimize damage as wolf or bear you need the unique chest pieces as well. Additionally you will probably want a starless skies to better manage resources.

And finally you will likely run a 2H weapon to get the most power out of the strongest offensive aspects. Combined with the uniques you need to run a build this means you are leaving tons of aspects and tempers off the table leaving the Druid way behind the rest of the pack since the release of loot 2.0. It was one of the most diverse and interesting classes in the game before S4, now basic skills from other classes and even basic skills from the Druid class itself outperform all off the cool looking and fun to play builds.

In short Druid needs lots of love to bee good again.

2 Likes

It seems like you didn’t understand that one is linked to the other?

Using debilitating roar, blood howl, hurricane, simultaneously filling your bar with defensive skills and losing several aspect slots for defense does not mean that the class is solid defensively.

Thats exactly the reason why druids are lacking offensively, because they must fill all their build into defenses, uniques and aspects. They relying too much on important slots, this is not good design.

2 Likes

Druid is one of those classes where choices matter. Imagine what they could do if they had access to another 2H aspect and 2 more 1H aspects alone not to mention the other tempers and stat boosts that could be added to those weapons. The class itself would be beyond broken because Druid has access to some solid multipliers that actually got nerfed in prior seasons to compensate for borrowed powers.

Being pigeonholed into taking a bunch of skills is not different on the classes either. Sorc takes teleport and at least 2 defensive skills on every spec, rogue builds all take dash, caltrops and dark shroud. Necro builds all using decrepify, blood mist and corpse tendrils. Even barbarians until recently loaded up on shouts.

There is no real freedom of choice in this game, only the illusion of choice.

At this point, they might as well just make Wolfhowl from D2 for D4 and let all Druid players re-roll Barbs so we get all their benefits, but we can then shift into a wolf Druid and pretend we’re still a Druid

when was the last meta build not bugged? lol

in diablo 4, if it isnt bugged, it wont be meta, its simple as that.

1 Like

The Druid has a design issue that has been exposed by the revised loot system. Too many of their builds depend on multiple uniques to function. Too many abilities require specific legendary aspects just to be viable.

Several legendary aspects and some unique abilities need to incorporated into the base class so it can function in the new loot system.

3 Likes

Well, poison anemia and decent unstoppables are not negotiable. Its a matter of time.

Maybe they a new skill where they shapeshift into a Barbarian lol

5 Likes

I thought rogues were just executing? Is there another bugged build for them?

it involves the new unique. wudijo was doing like 5bil a hit with it. the one that puts a totem for aoe dmg down

1 Like

Longer unstoppable is not always better, especially when triggering Tibault’s.
Until they change the way Tibault’s is proc’d I would not want it to be 4.5 seconds.

Tibault is a 20% multiplier, nobody cares about that garbage, this has nothing to do with unstoppable balance.

Barbarians has a 7.4 unstoppable NOT considering wrath of the berserker and iron skin.

Theres not a single reason why druids shouldn’t have decent unstoppable.

Druid needs damage and multiplers…not the stuff you suggested.
The problem is the damage does not scale at the end to where barb and rogue can,

People use Tibaults for the Spirit regen boost it provides.
Nature’s Fury and Symbiotic can reset EB and Trample, just by slamming away on Pulverize. And those 2 skills keep your spirit filled for Pulverize. It actually works really well.

4 Likes

Guess my druids have all been bugged because they never had this

2 Likes

Maybe he meant on the glyphs…not sure…but that would not be “inherent”.
This is another point most of Druids DR numbers are 10% or 15%…outside fo Grizzy Rage…
While the other classes have larger numbers there also.

The one thing that Druid does have going for it is easier access to resistances on paragon.