Druid companions are very broken and inconsistent

The druid has a boon “Pack Leader” that reads:

Lucky Hit: Critical Strikes have a 20% chance to reset the cooldowns of you companion skills.

I sat on the training dummy trying to get this to proc using the companions themselves first: Ravens, Poison Creeper, wolves, and the Werewolf variant of the wolves. Neither the passive damage nor the active damage from either of these companions would reset the cooldown on the companion’s skills, despite wolves having a 50%+ lucky hit chance.

I also tried using the unqiue Fleshrender, which causes D.roar and Blood Howl to cause a flat amount of damage to poisoned targets. These abilities also do not reset the cooldowns. I am convinced they do not lucky hit at all when using this Unique item. They seem to have no problem with critical strikes though. This is not surprising so much as it is disappointing. I think this legendary should give these two abilities the chance to lucky hit.

Next up is the Wild Rage Aspect

Your companions also gain the bonuses from Bestial Rampage key passive when you do.

The attack speed buff from werewolf form does not benefit the ravens in any way. I also mixed in the Nighthowler aspect using Preserving Blood Howl to give attack speed that way as well. The ravens simply did not benefit in any way to this, passive nor actively.

Likewise in my testing the poison creeper gained no benefit from attack speed buffs.

The wolves on the other hand will attack more quickly.

One last thing is I’m not seeing any difference in damage that companions do to enemies with +dmg to far or +damage to close enemies. If I take the Nature’s Reach passive the damage of my wolf companions does not change whether I am right next to training dummies or far away from them. It makes no difference.

Please normalize how companions work and keep it consistent in the tooltips.

I use all companions in my build and they are working fine for me. Anyway, I don´t use this bloom, Sounds useless to my playing style. Not even tried it because there are far more useful blooms.

What is a bloom? genuinely not understanding what you mean by that

This is the reason i stopped playing Diablo 4. I really wated to make a Druid Companion build with the pack leader boon! But becuase it didn’t work as intended, all the hours i spent tuning it felt completely wasted.

Very good description of the issue!

Diablo devs had a couch discussion regarding what will happen in season 4, they mention in the latest update that your companions (they specifically mention wolfs) will gain 100% of your stats.

Not sure if this will fix the issue thow.

They are probably talking about boons! :smile:

I just tested and there is no difference in damage with damage to close and distant for druid wolves, I don’t understand why they don’t gain the increased damage. I’m pretty sure necro minions when you are in close distance have the bonus of damage to close.

Blizzard, druid minions need an accurate tooltip. When you use the key passive of “Bestial Rampage” WITHOUT the “Wild Rage Aspect” the damage of your pets showed in the tooltip is increased in the same way.

1 Like