Does the dev team care about playability of the game or has it just become another avenue to siphon a whale’s money?
wanna be a little more vague?
What do you mean by playability? Im online right now and playing just fine.
Bugs, server lag, boss fights being 3 different one shots mechanics on the screen at once, Rng on RNG on RNG for all gear. Insane farming requirements on gem fragments.
Elites don’t hit hard anymore, it is just a flood of screen clutter and one shot moves.
where do you connect from? currently i cant say that i lag at all.
Well, regarding bugs - i know its annoying, but to be honest, i gave up expecting a bug free game from blizzard like… decades ago lol.
personally, id prefer if we didnt have to cube stuff - if it was for me, stuff would decide on roll. 1 rng instance, no tinkering around. It is an rng based game and subgenre. Either an item drops, or it doesnt. Sadly the community screamed for ways to tinker around with gear. I can live with that, since its rng dependent as well.
i see this pretty often here. Factually there are very few actual one shot abilities. Liliths floor breaking in p2 for example. Most other things pretty much come down to defensives.
a common error i see is people stacking resistances like there is no tomorrow, but running around with like 10k hp ![]()
30k life, 25k barrier, 75% armor reduc, and If I every miss a floor mech. instant death
The devs certainly do.
The devs aren’t in charge.
on what torment are you? on t12 id consider 30k life too low. my rogue runs around with close to 50k.
Ground explosions are hefty, especially the fire enchanted ones. Im almost tempted to agree that they could be nerfed slightly.
Rhetorical question. Of course not. They dinnae even post on their own forums.
On T12, is there a point where you dont die to a heat seeking missile on Meph?
LoL stop feeding Nyurei the troll.
Comes into every post to defend Blizzard.
The devs do not care at all. Look at this season!! It’s terrible! Bugs are everywhere! The seasonal mechanic sucks and in many places is undertuned! If they cared, we would still get quality work without regard to quantity.
Instead we get a garbage season, with tons of bugs, core seasonal functionality missing, minimal communication, and a terribly received rework to mythics. It’s a disaster! The Community Manager has 9hrs of read time total on the forums! They don’t even read this! They don’t care at all!
Having been on both these and the WoW forums for a looooong time, I wouldn’t want to talk to the dwellers here at all. Nothing good would come from it.
Last season I had only 10k health, but there was such a huge number of other defenses that they couldnae break through me, I didnae even up resolve/anvil stacks (only 8 by default). I exchanged all HP for armor. This trick disnae work this season and I’m afraid the armor is bugged. When I increase armor I dinnae see an increase of toughness, unlike health.
oh on t12 those do hit like a truck. I think 1 is tankable, but yea, you def dont want to eat a second. For this fight, same goes for lilith if you cant nuke them, id say patience is key
Immunity spells of course can come in handy too if you for the love of it cant dodge a certain mechanic.
you can also exchance an offensive myth char (if you use one) with enduranth faith. Works wonders on these bosses and gives you more room to breath.
thing is, unlike max health, resistances and armor will suffer from diminishing returns. It simply becomes a waste of stat potential at a certain point.
of course it also depends on the player and the build really. If you are awesome at dodging, sure, nothing wrong with sacrificing some defensives. Same goes to builds that offer immunities.
Personally, i know that i can be clumsy, so i always focus slightly more on defensives.
After changing 3 pieces to get on sheet toughness to 10x what it was, I now get 2-3 and even with a massive drop in damage I do notice I still can only do damage half the time. Life why is the boss always phasing in and out half the time. Like What is this design, I play the D4 to kill big monster not to play galaga half the time
lmao, no joke, thats the worst part for me too haha. Im always happy when im finally in p3. ![]()
keep finetuning until you hit your sweet spot. small changes can make a big difference ^^
also always good to have different gear set ups. I also replace 2 slots whenever im going against him.
of course you won’t if you’re in the US…there’s a big wide world out there. The US, contrary to popular belief amongst Americans, is NOT the centre of the world. Other countries do experience lag connecting to American servers…I think Australia has some local servers, so we don’t cop it as bad as some other countries that are trying to connect directly to US based servers.
that’s not a community manager LOL! Anything but…
this is the whole entire problem. You shouldn’t have to have such high DPS as to nuke 1 shot a boss to avoid the cheese 1 shot kills that they employ. That is just BAD game design. Nay, REALLY BAD. It’s something the Blizzard devs copied from POE.
oh, isnt it? interesting.
im from germany btw.
you dont have to. Again, lilith has exactly 1 definitive one shot ability, which is her breaking the ground in p2. the rest is dodgable and tankable.
Do her other abilities hurt? yes, absolutely, but thats the point. its a boss fight.
Welche stadt?
Perhaps I am just too slow in my old age. us oldies do suffer from worsening eyesight and poorer reflexes over time.
I tried t10 Mephisto last night and his attacks just 1 shot me. WW barb (cliptis mythic variant, but without grandfather). No transfigurations as I don’t have backups of any gear year to gamble on bad transfigs. Need more cube mats for that. more weeks of farming with the nerfed drop rates in s14. I can easily farm t10 normal mobs DPS wise, but constantly dying. The build has been so heavily nerfed into the ground it isn’t funny. It was fun to play in s13, not so much anymore. It’s more fun than other builds, but that doesn’t fix the massive drop in fun imho. blizzard has really stuffed up the balancing in s14 with knee jerk reactions across the board. And then add silent nerfs in s14 (hellwyrm maggot xp orbs, hellwyrm cinders). I was getting ~200 odd on t8. Now getting ~50 per hellwyrm on t10. These are consistent figures. I paid attention to my cinder rates pre and post hellwyrm encounter. Both in t8 and t10 post nerf. Others have reported these nerfs too, but strangely, not on these forums. I’ve put on 10 paragon points in 3 days now post nerf. With that said, I’ve been focusing on the seasonal journey, but that is moot given that I can’t solo kill mephisto. I’ll need to rely on a carry between now and the end of season from a kind individual.
Like many, I’m waiting to see what the new patch brings. Will they bump up mythic drop rates? Will I have a half chance of getting a grandfather for my build (probably not)? Is it worth continuing with the season (probably not). I’m a realist. I’m not gonna fudge around for another 9 or so weeks, busting a gut for nothing in return. I play games for fun, and part of that fun is in game rewards. When there are no rewards, interest in said game disappears.
Köln =)
yea, i can see that being an issue for some honestly.
you can always go the safe route with the entropic tuning prism.