Does Mercenaries & Runes do a lot for you?

Hey.

I’m Tor 3, Para 150 on my spiritborn without much issues.

I wanted to grind out temper legendary scroll, Ash XP and materials before i do the story on a necro.

But just wondering from people who have done the campaign

How impactful are the Mercenaries or runes?

i like both. Adds useful effects to my necro build. So yea, really no downside there.

The runes don’t seem to work on my Necro. I could be doing something wrong. But figure since my minions are doing all the damage and i just throw out curses and buff the minions that could be why.

well you need to use the right trigger rune of course. Your minions themselves wont activate them.

one trigger rune for example collects offering for standing still.

1 Like

I kinda figured that was the problem. Ok thanks i will look for another type rune then.

1 Like

https://d4builds.gg/builds/f0e2118e-da33-443f-8333-35155a05d40d/?var=0

that guy uses Tam and Cem

1 Like

I like the mercenaries a lot, runes not so much I keep getting the same ones over and over.

the Paladin merc is decent enough with his Fortify & stun. AVOID the demon kid at all costs, he reduces your resource generation.

but for me runes absolutely suck. wasting 2 gem slots for a weak pathetic little effect. no thanks. I’d rather boost my Willpower/Dexterity by 60 and get +20% Elemental damage increase.

Runes yes, but only legendary ones (Running +3 all skills and warcry atm) others are just…meh…

Mercenaries well…varyana attack speed buff is kinda useful i guess, on the other hand reinforcements look pretty worthless i just keep them there for earning pale marks, tried everyone as reinforcement and they all pretty much suck i can’t even remember who i have atm as reinforcement, 'nuff said

It’s ok… I get more out of mercs then trying to understand the Rune system. :man_shrugging: