Do you plan on playing Eternal or Seasonal in S4?

Cool, I’ll just wait until maxroll updates.

Ill do the same i always do , i will get 1-2 characters to 100 for do everything solo in seasonal and i also will care my loved eternal characters that i refuse to delete for many reasons .

Seasonal is the only way in my opinion.

Seasonal; i see no point in playing eternal unless you want to test the end game asap

Eternal barb
20 eternal barbs baby

Definitely running a druid in Seasonal, but also going to take my necro and build him up on Eternal. I’ve had a ton of fun with it, and I’m excited to see just how much better it can get with the new systems in play. I’m also sorely tempted to take my OG character from launch and fix that one up too. :grinning:

12 Likes

Right back at you :slight_smile: you do you. Shame on me for caring about the game direction being directed by the vocal self interested minority.

You’re right…both domains simultaneously offer equal permanent new content and temporary gimmicks within the seasons, allowing players to choose their preferred style of play, rather than being confined to experiencing only after a forced reset. It’s a win-win situation!

Plan on playing seasonal. I’ve been doing that since I completed the campaign for this xpac.

I’ll be playing seasonal the vast majority of the time. But what I might do is once I have my seasonal barb geared up nicely I’ll jump to internal and see how it measures up to my current season 3 barb. Currently I have shako, grandfather and a boombringer. I’m curious to see how far into the pit I could push with legacy gear without changing anything vs what the new gear allows for in season 4.

If I play this season, it will be on season realm.
I just prefer starting fresh.

Your devs should really consider always having most/all content available in both Season and Eternal, so more people could pick the mode they prefer without missing out on new content, and have the kind of fun you describe here.

Lvling is more fun to me, but it seems clear that plenty of people are not interested in starting over as often as every 3 months.
All seasons should be like S4.

1 Like

So basically do away with the season altogether because anyone can start over on eternal?

It is not going to happen but keep on asking.

1 Like

No. I didn’t enjoy the season 3 mechanics so I played more on eternal. If I had to have the mechanics I didn’t enjoy on eternal then I just wouldn’t have played.

1 Like

No, definitely don’t do away with season reset realms.

That just isn’t the same.
On Eternal you would have to get rid of your gold, stash etc. when starting over.
And for those who play with others (which is really hard to avoid in D4), it makes a difference that you play on a realm where everyone started over.

Fair enough.
Have

1. Eternal - Classic Realm (no temporary content)
  2. Eternal - Season Realm (temporary content is active)
  3. Reset Season Realm (temporary content is active)

(probably add a better name than Reset. Reborn? :P)

Could also have “Reset Classic Realm” without the temporary content, just not convinced it is needed. But if the demand is there, sure, add that too.

Said I wanna try Overpower Rogue build (Fortify on Evade and as much as possible Overpower-based aspects), see how it goes

But just realized, have a Rogue already, so Eternal it is. Then I’ll move onto a Sorc on Seasonal, that way kinda get both I guess :thinking:

I only do seasons. looking forward to season 4. I almost always play druid. might do minion necro this season

They could have a reset feature, so you can start new with nothing, you need to work for it. I never did like that a new build on eternal can have access to everything that I already found. Would that put me in the personal loot camp? They will not do away with seasons so the point is moot.

They could. And they have. That is the current season realm.
Could they add a reset feature, which could be used at any time? Sure, that would essentially be a SSF mode where you couldn’t even share with your own characters.
Would still not offer the same experience for those who play with others (which at least for now, is everyone in D4).
You simply can’t recreate the Season Reset realm experience on Eternal. Nor the other way around.
On a similar note, you can’t recreate HC experience in SC. No mater how much you might delete your own character on death.

Huh, what does personal loot have to do with the topic? :smiley:

Hopefully not. Both seasons, and resets, should stay.

I actually play more non-season than season in D3 because I spend so much time between seasons practicing for the next season.

In D4 they completely botched this aspect, and it’s my opinion that this really holds back seasons in D4. That rush of starting a season and competing for a fast leveling time and competing in the early leaderboards just isn’t there. The season start time sorta makes no difference at all in D4 and I think it’s a reason many don’t understand what makes the seasonal reset a cool thing.

1 Like

My mind says I should log in this week and stockpile on gear with damage reduction.

My heart says to save energy for a seasonal character.

I listen to my heart.