Do you plan on playing Eternal or Seasonal in S4?

Personally I always play seasonal. I like the reset and rebuilding my character. I also the race to 100 and clearing the toughest content. However, I know there is a place for Eternal and especially this season or lack there of, there will be lots of people playing in Eternal.

So I thought I would give Eternal players a little heads up and advice to start the journey to “loot reborn” a little quicker.

This week and next week do the gauntlet in every category you possibly can and get worthy. Place the cache’s you receive in your stash, so when the new season starts they are sent to the Eternal realm. On May 14th, open said caches (each cache is 4-6 pieces of 925 gear) and they will all be the new S4 loot because the cache’s were open after the change. You now have a full set of gear in minute 1. Your thanks is noted.

1 Like

Considering all my boss mats in eternal will translate to hundreds of Lv 200 tormented runs with a group, I’ll probably start by doing seasonal and when I get bored of farming boss mats I’ll just start farming eternal gear.

Making a PvP thorns necromancer isn’t gonna be easy, but damn is it gonna be fun.

Btw boss mats in eternal are gonna be way more desired now I think. Now that there is a way to actually dump massive quanitites.

1 Like

Probably none, still nothing to bring me back, just checking whats going on after S2.

1 Like

just make sure you find the moo moo level and we will be good

The game has been drastically fixed brother. The build variance and trading any unique or legendary really helped solidify Diablo 4 as a great game.

Man I’m taking a break.

We are all convinced the Rathma Prophecy is the Moo moo level. I don’t know how to decode it still. But we are working on it.

I went about 11 months straight on this riddle. Need to step away: look at it with fresh eyes.

It’s a good riddle to be sure. The thing that’s hiding it is the game has so much going on.

I mean we can all see the issalia files. We know it’s there and those of you that think it isn’t possible enter, it’s a preposterous notion to think it can’t be unlocked considering the information provided by the files. Preposterous. Anyone who drew that conclusion I would love to hear an explanation as to why. Genuinely.

1 Like

S4 all the way, I can play eternal any day.

I never play Eternal, I don’t even grab the items from a previous season to put in my stash, I just let the system automatically delete them. I know myself, and I did the same thing in D3.

I came back every season, characters went to the ‘Eternal Realm’ and I quite literally never touched them. I used to login and grab the items that were transferred, but then I started to ask myself why I would even bother when I don’t play those characters anyway and I’m just going to rebirth that character.

I’m more interested in starting over with a new gimmick in mind (granted yes this is a very light season), and just having fun. This season will be no different, for me anyway. My Iggimancer will reign supreme with all of their minions, well maybe not reign supreme, more or less travel around stopping at the closest Inn-N-Out for lunch, then continuing my wake of destruction.

2 Likes

Eternal just got real brother. PvP is gonna be a nightmare for some people.

I gotta see patch notes and test PvP armor stuff.

It’s looking like thorns necro or thorns barb is gonna be the epitome of trolling PvP with outlandish power.

The things you naturally scale for thorns barb or thorns necro also translate to PvP better than PvE, or they did at least.

Other than invulnerable cheese, there doesn’t seem to be a way to survive thorns barb or thorns necro encounters in PvP.

At least that’s what the math says. Gotta see how that translates in game.

1 Like

Gonna do Eternal for a week or two. I’m shooting for Pit200 in the first hour.

1 Like

Interesting. I don’t think we will be able to achieve pit 200 with legacy gear.

They spoke specifically about buffing pit from ptr.

Depends on the build. I’m going for Basic spam Lunging strike on my barbarian. So I wouldn’t have to replace so many slots at all. Plus I have a Melted Heart to cheese through most of it.

I have no doubt you will figure it out and destroy all the non-believers in PVP. The great Moosiah shall be covered in blood by all the enemies who dared to stand up to him.

1 Like

Seasonal to finish season journey then switch to eternal.

5 Likes

I see no reason not to play seasonal. However, I am glad for those that enjoy Eternal can share in the major developments.

Trading this season might actually be a thing which adds another enjoyable dimension as everyone starts bartering for those Greater Affix bases - should make the season interesting, more so than any throwaway power system.

1 Like

Hard to see the benefit to playing eternal apart from it being a little easier to start lvl100 build tinkering with near immediacy.

1 Like

i agree but there are people who play eternal or so i hear

3 Likes

There have been a few vocal players on here saying they would play Eternal this season since the Seasonal Realm doesn’t offer much to them. Which is understandable I just don’t share the same mindset.

Now I would be more curious to see how many people, of the ones complaining about the changes, are going to play when the patch hits. As the best way to protest change within a video game is to just not play it. If enough players have the same mindset changes will come very quickly, just saying.

1 Like

Yeah, deciding to play eternal’s obviously fine, even if it doesn’t have a super strong rationale behind it for all but the most casual players. I get the sense that, as usual, most of the people whining about this or that problem the loudest just want to use reactionary tactics to force things more to their liking. A lot of it is performative. It’s one thing to think something is sub-optimal or have ideas about how it could be better, but some people just really love to make a scene. They’ll probably be playing despite the groaning. :laughing:

1 Like

Also I feel this is their very first Blizzard game. I’ve never known Blizzard to not include something in an upcoming patch because people complained about it before the patch even hit.

Now they may have changed it based on feedback after the patch was released, but never before. Mentioned it in another post buts it’s the ‘Cry Before You Try Syndrome’.

I had my concerns about AoZ before it came out. Speculating it wouldn’t be for me personally, but I did give it a try at least. Didn’t mean I didn’t want the content in the game though. It just didn’t happen to be for me, I tried it, I got a few levels in, I stopped playing it. Wasn’t a tragedy, just wasn’t my cup of tea.