Do diamonds do anything for sorc ? Unstable Currents huh

so +ultimate damage is only good for inferno i think ?

when you augment ult dmg for unstable, does it make the casted skills do more damage or not. because its a “cast the core skill”, does it get any bonus’d core damage ??? or does it cast it with “ult damage” instead ? or does it do both ?

also if i put a few points into chain lightning does that make unstable do more damage when it casts chain lightning ???
since the skill itself “casts other skills”.

and the damage with the ice ult is a affix effect… a proc dmg with no “skill tag” to the ice spikes, but you can augment the damage with the other affixs and one glyph and ring… but does ULT DMG work for that also ?

is inferno the only skill for sorc that get value from ult dmg ? and what “bucket” does it get added to ? so it has fire bucket and ult bucket is ult dmg multi or additive ??

I’m fairly sure that someone tested Ultimate Damage with Unstable Currents and the verdict is no, it does not affect the free casts generated by the spell. If you search for posts about it I think there is one in the past.

As for Inferno, who knows. It’s Burning damage over time, not direct damage, which means all bets are off as far as I’m concerned. Burning damage is a mystery wrapped in an enigma and stuffed inside a black hole.