Dissconnect / Latency issue - Bandaid FIX

In Southern California with Frontier FIOS as well, and having the same issues everyone else is mentioning… Have tried turning off crossplay and that doesn’t fix.

is there an easy to install free vpn out there

I’m in socal as well on frontier. Everything was fine before season 2. I can play any other game just fine including D2R. It’s just D4 having an issue.

Can confirm having same issue, outside of the using a Eero 6 router. I went with Frontier’s newer Non-Eero router(they had a deal going so i went with it), with a Cat Cable adaptor, to output 2 gigs to my house. I suppose its time to go back to my older Frontier router? Probably will fix my issue, but its an awful lot of work just to get one game going? Yea or nay?

Frontier is the problem. I have dual WAN with Frontier/Spectrum and made Spectrum as the Primary internet, no more issue.

Not that Im aware of. Most VPNs are paid to use.

I just downloaded ProtonVPN. Free, quick and easy install. I’ve been having the same Frontier issues, but been playing for the last 10 minutes without any issue.

2 Likes

Good info. I’ll do the same thing. Hopefully the issue is resolved soon.

Running under VPN with Frontier FIOS seemed to fix the issue for me. Thanks all.

Update: Came back to say that the problem in only mostly dead. D4 runs for about an hour before DC or latency recurs.

2 Likes

Southern CA as well. It’s only happened to me twice today, but has been going on for about a week.

1 Like

Holy COW I thought I was alone in this same deal Frontier Socal all of it and same thing huge latency and constant disconnect from servers. So its a Frontier problem.

1 Like

now im playing on a netherlands vpn with more latency. lol. season of latency!

2 Likes

Just a side note here for info sake… I bypassed my new Frontier router and went directly from my OMT into my house network and still got the issue, so that eliminates the actual router being the issue.

I went and ran it through a VPN, it was laggy, but it was a Japanese server, but I actually played until this update just kicked me. So let’s see if we can forego the VPN and if this patch had anything to do with the issue.

Confirming vpn fixes the problem for frontier isp users. Would be really nice if we didn’t have to do this to play the 100 dollar game we paid for. Maybe blizzard can contact the isp and resolve this issue so a thousand people don’t each have to do that individually. To be honest it’s not even worth the effort to call the isp to me. I’d rather just not play anymore lol.

2 Likes

Playing without VPN after the update. Everything seems to be working.

1 Like

What is this latency tunnel you are speaking of

Which update? Today?

There was a small update earlier today. I think they fixed the cross play issue since I don’t see the notification anymore.

1 Like

Nice… mine seems to be working better now. Stay tuned.

1 Like