Direct Mythic Upgrade

The “Upgrade Direct Item to Mythic” recipe in the Horadric Cube will be more expensive than the recipes through the Blacksmith or Jeweler, but it will also be a total 1:1 transfer. The only restriction is that you cannot use this recipe on an Unmodifiable item, so beware of Transfiguring your precious Mythic Unique candidate!

i can already hear the tears and outrage from the “patch notes TLDR” crowd :rofl:

1 Like

im more interested in how drop rates will be handled. Serious the last two patches absolutely ruined the season for me.

Ill surely check s15 out, but if we drown in mythics again, thats it for me.

1 Like

yeah i feel like they have thouroughly demystified the mythic. It’s sad, but i guess its not horrible if I look at it as just another upgrade path for the uniques i actually want to use.

Also the eternal optimist in me (the voice that lets me keep saying there’s always next season - Go Cubbies!) is still holding out hope that they will find some way to get worthwhile chase items back into the game once all the crybabies are sated with purple shiny things.

2 Likes

hope dies last i guess. Lets hope you are right :wink:

im taking a lesson from all of this… i made run of the mill magic items purple in my game :rofl:

1 Like

Next Season people can’t have more then 1 crafted Mythic again.
I can get behind that.

yeah i think its sad that they have taken the most exiting rare drop in the game and made it so common that people expect and plan to have multiples per character every season, but they have done it and likely won’t change that, so they may as well not hamstring it with crafted tags and random upgrades. if it is going to be common and accessible then make it accesible.

but blacksmith and jeweler mythics dont count as crafted.

Sorry, but this patch scenario was not in a billion years a long term solution

I believe people are focusing too much on the negative and not talking about what else the next season is gonna be like.

I’ll admit, I’m was surprised that people complained so much the Dev’s changed how season 14 went (in a general short amount of time).

I guess after the PTR the same thing can happen again if the players think something is unfair/unreasonable.

Though, I do hope the dev’s have more of a back bone this time…

I just saw that Rob video (lol, sorry) …and he said that That wouldn’t be the case.
Unless I misheard him.
I usually stop paying attention to his words after a few minutes, I can only take so much.

Not a bad looking person though! :sweat_smile:

Taking super rare drops completely out of an ARPG is worth focusing on :stuck_out_tongue:

I know all the people who can only play 2 hours a week want shiny things too, but this is so completely abhorrent to the spirit of the genre that many of us cannot help but focus on it.

That once in a year or once in a lifetime drop is now completely gone from d4. and that is sad.

D4 players will never know the feeling of getting a ZOD rune…

1 Like

What super rare drop do you mean?

Careful not to speak for anyone but yourself there.
This game (any game) doesn’t revolve around a certain amount of people. It’s trying to cater to as much as possible.
Though, y’all can choose what you want to focus on that’s fine, but don’t take your mind/eyes off the enjoyment of the rest of the game Or else your gonna end up going into the season with a bad attitude/feeling/mind set.

Still plenty of items I’ve never gotten my hands on, chances are (More then likely) you don’t even need That particular item (like a Legendary seal for example).

Playing D 2 as long as I had and how much Money I spent on it… I 100% Never seen/needed a Zod rune.
The same thing can easily be said with what ever they are doing on a season that hasn’t been Released to the players yet.

Its not about the specific item it is about the experience that the items were designed to create. That is being systematically stripped away.

I can play hundreds of hours in a season and have everything feel completely mundane and predictable. that is not what ARPG means to me.

Obviously i can and have found other reasons to still play D4 as im still here, but its honestly depressing to see a game carrying the name Diablo become like this.

if finding super rare things never happened for you or was never appealing to you, then i can understand why you don’t get what that expereince menat to those of us who played/play ARPGs specifically for that :stuck_out_tongue:

when i got my first ZOD it made 0 difference to me that i didnt need it for my build… i got a friggin ZOD!!!

Different people, different play experience.
It’s why this game will never cater to everyone.

As players we either adjust to it or move on.
Can’t say anything more about it then that.

it will never please everyone… but they sure as hell try to cater to everyone. thats why most seasons have something to love and something to hate for everyone :stuck_out_tongue:

Like water I go with the flow of the game, it’s (to me) more enjoyable that way.
And if for what ever reason something doesn’t work or I don’t like it, I won’t interact with it.

thats my general attitude as well, which is why i can still play d4 and have fun most seasons, but that doesn’t stop me from recognizing or lamenting what is lost :wink:

You 100% should. Nothing wrong with that. Just don’t let it weigh you down.

1 Like