Did they remove life on hit?

Title. Was in D3. Mandatory for my monk build.

I can’t find it here?

It exists as a lucky hit chance mechanic. It exists on temerity for instance.

It’s like 5% lucky hit chance. It’s pretty useless. You use temerity for the shield bonus and + damage you get while shielded.

They don’t want things to be mandatory, even if it still persists in current form. That is why you don’t see leech like in Diablo 3 but with the new Lucky Hit mechanic.

Skull gems have +life on hit …

D4 design philosophy is they can’t hurt you if they are dead.

I know for a fact Life on Kill exists. Use it on a couple builds. I have not seen Life on Hit on gear.

Yes its life on kill though, throttled fun, remember that…cant have players feeling too powerful…

I believe that’s life on kill iirc.

1 Like

Life on kill is kinda mid. Worthless for bosses.

I’ll have to farm for Temerity I guess.

If you’re a lucky hit chance enjoyer it will proc more often.

Sorc loves lucky hit chance. Freeze proc, avalanche, lucky hit chance for mana back, so getting lucky hit on life is nice. I see that extra 1k absorb proc from time to time. I know maxroll doesn’t recommend temerity on sorc but being able to pop a health pot before rounding a corner to raise your health beyond max has saved my life multiple times when I round said corner only to get instantly shot by a corpse bow. The heal (free barrier) is a nice cherry on top.

But they did nothing to fix all the builds being the same. Vul, Crit C, Crit D, CDR… BORING BORING BORING

1 Like

Idk bosses can still spawn other mobs. It can still be useful on a boss just in limited cases.

I definitely hate this. 98% of gear is instantly trash if it doesn’t roll these and instead rolls garbage like conditional damage bonuses which all go into that same bucket.

Hurts the game a lot when only these stats actually matter (well, also max life, all stats for paragon board unlocks, skill ranks, and maybe % total armor).

Andariel’s Visage is a Unique Helm with an incredibly low chance to drop.
It has Life Steal [1.3% - 2.0%] and a Lucky Hit chance to trigger a poison nova dealing poison over 5 sec which would also heal you.

Rogue has it as a passive.