Did they just completely killed druids grizzly rage werewolf?

So the perma unstoppable builds can now get CC’d and die like everyone else?

That’s called balance.

2 Likes

I am ok with nerfing grizzly rage but this creates an issue where unstoppable is NOT available at all for more than 20 seconds with no option to reduce the cd

I do not know of any other class finding themselves not being able to use unstoppable for more than 20 seconds

Werewolf while in grizzly rage has access to ZERO spell that can trigger unstoppable. And that for the WHOLE duration of grizzly rage.

Meaning it is impossible now for werewolf to play grizzly rage as there is absolutely NO spell available to get out of CC once it happens. It is instant death.

This is not killing the class. It is killing the werewolf builds.

2 Likes

See, I disagree that impossible is the right word. It’s much more difficult, yes, but keep in mind we’re also the tankiest class in the game - wolf or bear. Taking wolf druid from braindead-can’t-die to still tanky, but gotta be careful of CC doesn’t sound impossible to me. I also feel like it’s worth pointing out that the only CC effect that you can’t see and make an effort to avoid is the elite affix that simply freezes you via damage. Fear? Big circle on the ground. Cold wall? Don’t stand in it. Big enemies that physically knock you down? They wind up and lift their weapon over their head before they hit you. So all but one CC are avoidable if you pay attention. Prioritize DR aura enemy, then cold affix elite, all else is avoidable. :slight_smile:

How do you avoid the spider webs on the floor ?
Some other time you cannot avoid cc,
eg: the wind wall slows you into the fear zone or the freeze bomb
I play generally safe and I don’t get cc much in general (as mentioned I have a rogue 92 but also a necro 72)

However there are these few times when you can absolutely do nothing and get cc’d and these other class have one spell to get out of it.

But the werewolf druid has absolutely nothing to get out of it while in grizzly rage. and that for 20+ seconds

There is a middle ground between being perma unstoppable and not having access to unstoppable AT ALL.

Just means you have to be really careful about when you pop Grizzly Rage. As Werewolf you get an insane movement speed buff from it, so you can dodge CC better, and you can still get CC breaks and unstoppable from aspects, like eluding aspect.

Still works okayish people tested already on eternal, but yeah its worse.

Should ne okayish with the gem item but I mean its not as strong

They’re unlike everyone else because you cant use any other sources of unstoppable while in Grizzly Rage we had unstoppable baked in for that very reason.

You can still use aspects that grant unstoppable.

All you really have to do is start using GR as a CC break instead of using it on CD.

Bit of a problem since (I can only speak to werenado and lightning shred) but a huge part of why we use GR is for the spirit reduction, without that keeping your spirit up is an issue sadly.

Not saying you’re not going to have to get used to using Spirit Generators again.

The perma GR just made those builds immune to all of the things that are supposed to balance out Druid.

So pre-patch, I would run 61-70 NM and play stupid and ignore any prefixes for the dungeon because it didn’t matter. Just now I ran a T63 Guulrahn Canals with Drifting Shade for near-constant CC effects since I didn’t have one with cold-affix elites. I did absolutely fine. I did die once around 8:55, but as you can see, it wasn’t related to unstoppable at all. The only difference between today and last week is I actually had to use potions for a change, and attempt to avoid obvious CC’s. Granted this was a fairly easy dungeon, but if this build was truly “impossible” to play, Drifting Shade alone should have made this a proper “nightmare.” More elites in a higher density dungeon just means you have to be more careful and pick your targets. Far from impossible. You can also see that I don’t have fully BIS gear yet. Pretty close on most things, and some decent rolls, but there’s definitely room for improvement.

No you just have to save grizzly rage until you get cced and then use grizzly rage to run to the front of the dungeon to make the mobs leash then you can come back and try again.

let me tell you nadowolf is unplayable now. I couldnt even do a level 35 nightmare dungeon. I could probably find a build that works if i wanted to but after 100 plus hours grinding to get that build right I just could not give two craps to work on another build just to have that nerfed also.

1 Like

I hate to say it but I’m kinda feeling the same it’s incredibly discouraging to spend so so much time putting together builds with the perfect high/max roll stats and aspects and then just have it all just taken away. Could I possibly find a build that can do better than lightning shred and werenado I was previously using? I’m sure but am I incentivized to do so? No way cause how do I know they won’t decimate that next.

This patch has shown Blizzard doesn’t design and balance with a scalpel they do it with a battleaxe and I dunno this whole thing feels like a huge betrayal of trust.

“proceeds to do a NMD with low to no amount of cc and says there is no CC issue to worry about”
Try serpent lair, or witchwatcher or any other dungeon with non-elite mob that are spaming cc.

Once again. The issue is that design wise you find yourself STUCK without any option to either cancel the Grizzly Rage or trigger unstoppable from any spell. This is BAD design.

Which leads to my next point

No you just have to save grizzly rage until you get cced and then use grizzly rage to run to the front of the dungeon to make the mobs leash then you can come back and try again.

We have trample and and bulwark for this exact situation.

Grizzly rage is your ULTIMATE SKILL the purpose of it is to do damage. Which it does well. However with the dire wolf aspect we cannot have access to any source of unstoppable while in Grizzly rage for 20+ seconds. So no. Activating Grizzly rage defensively is bad design and defeats the whole purpose of the spell. Why would I use grizzly rage defensively if it lock me in a defenseless position when I can just replace that skill with either trample or bulwark that do far better exactly what you described.

1 Like

I didn’t have to record a dungeon at all, was just doing it to be nice, but I guess I’m sorry that I didn’t roll a better example

+1, this grizzly rage nerf is totally stupid, you have ZERO options now to break CC in direwolf form, cmon blizzard, you were thinking a lot when creating the skills, this was not an accident that we had unstoppable while the full duration, making these fast and thoughtless decisions doesnt help the game…

1 Like

Very bad design. Hope they re-think their decisions as this is mostly unplayable on lvl 100. If you want to keep having fun, you HAVE TO USE bulwark or trample…

Try curative elixir man. It make you unstoppable for 1 sec.