Diablo Warlock Class

I don’t know, I kinda like the idea of enslaving demons to fight other demons.

3 Likes

So you’re into dogfighting.

monster.

Maximus is a Legendary two-handed sword in Diablo III It requires character level 60 to drop.

The unique property summons a sword-bearing demon model based on Oppressor for 15 seconds. He engages the closest enemy in melee combat, dealing 100% of the master’s damage as Physical and being able to draw the enemy attention to himself for quite a long time. The bearer of the sword and the demon are linked with a chain of fire that causes roughly 100-150% Fire damage every 0.25 seconds on touch, to a total of 400-600% damage per second. Both types of damage can critically hit, but do not benefit from elemental damage bonus.

Shadow comes from the realm of the dead. It’s a different plane from the heavens, hells and sanctuary

Well by lore we know mages tryed to bind demons to their will, to gain more power and as we know starting from D1 that usually backfires. And those mages are constantly being hunted by the assassin guild.

There’s been plenty of “Warlock” in the Diablo franchise lore, these sorcerers just didn’t call themselves as such.
The Visjerei has been the main and also the 1st mage clan to use demons and their doing always turned from bad to worse, they successfully enslaved some… for a time.

Now not all the Visjerei agreed about demon summoning, later on they will banish this kind of practice and create the Viz Jaq’taar (the order of mage slayer) with the very purpose to kill any mage that gone rogue.
In other word, if a mage summon a demon and his action is known by the Viz-Jaq’taar, it’s a dead mage. Mages died from the hand of these assassin for much less.

Not that I’m against the idea, but how can it fit in Sanctuary?
In World of Warcraft I can understand that Warlocks are a thing, simply because demons in WoW are just cold, plain stupid.

In fact, right now there’s already plenty of Warlocks in game, it’s just that, we kill them :wink:

1 Like

Didn’t this very mage slayer organization go at war with The Horadrim

The orgization was already cooked in diablo 2, by diablo 4… there’s no sign of them so they’re probably in complete shambles like the Horadrim.

Yea I know why I said it the way I did with

Dark magic yes but not necessarily hellish or demonic.

As a clarifier

Shadow being the closest was all I was adding but a class that actively uses its demonic side would be a good fit this would also introduce a new element of damage This could also be a way to draw the angels back out which would be a nice change

This would actually fit with new blizz take on Diablo dealing with the dichotomy of angels and demons. In D3 they showed that angels can be evil to serve the greater good. Lilith furthers this with being good to serve the greater evil.

Nephalem who’s primarily evil doing good to serve its own purpose fits perfectly.

Def something could be done here but the lore and story behind it would need to be spot on.

in d4 we arent nephalim, that was d3

It was right after the Dark Exile, there’s been no winner but the Horadrim went almost extinct with their sole member being Deckard Cain while the mage slayers didn’t seem to stop their activity.

The organization was still pretty alive until D3, the D2 Sorceress has been killed by a Viz-Jaq’Taar assassin shortly before the “Falling Star” event, it’s on the short novel : Firefly
The reason why we never hear anything from them it’s because, well… it’s a secret organization that receive assignation from highest ranked mage, the last known has been the Visjerei Valtek.

Now I don’t if this organization still stand in D4, the Yshari Sanctum has been ravaged by demons, Duriel did a lot of damage in Caldeum, we can hear a little about these assassins from 2 NPCs but not much.
The dungeon “Yshari Sanctum” give few details about how the last highest ranked of the mage clans finished.
In fact, if the mage slayers organization still exist, they must live on the other continent because I don’t even know how many demon summoners my character has killed :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s funny you say that. Every major patch the devs thought they nerfed warlocks and buffed mages. End of every major patch warlocks found a way to top the meters and have more utility. “Warlocks find a way”–Jeff Goldblum