Diablo 4 shows real ID since season 2. 🔍

lets start with you first! you seem to be one of the bigger know-it-all trolls on the forum lately, so lets take your idea for a spin. you can be the first subject.

still waiting on that link by the way.

You are a blizzard simp aka white knight you go around in defense of Blizz, so you are either an employee or a kid that needs to get off the internet.

1 Like

LMAO

You wish.

I don’t like the fact the name is shown any more than anyone else.

I think its a pretty big F up on their part.

But at the same time, I’m not going to confuse my personal feelings with facts. I posted info to help, not to stick up for them.

But hey, believe what you like. Haters going to hate.

Game on.

The real question is is it showing up on everyone elses, because I can’t see any of the other clan members real names

Come on Blizzard, no one considered this might be a bad idea?

thats the dumbest take ive seen on this forum ever :slight_smile:

all kinds of ppl on the internet. someone’s gonna show up at your door no matter if youre the nicest guy on the internet or not.

feel free to test it of your own volition if you want :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Is this all you do every day is follow people around the forum and harass them? Find something better to do with your time other then try to troll people!

ROFL talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You’re over here basically condoning doxxing to curb harassment. :clown_face: :athletic_shoe:

1 Like

i love your overuse of exclamation points in all your comments. shows how desperate you are when you are typing them. hilarious.

you talk about harassing people, yet you want everyone to be doxxed? do you even read the crap you type before you hit the reply button?

lmfao

1 Like

No.

I have fully tested it. It only shows your name on your screen, no one else’s. Now if your friend and you both have allowed the Real ID to connect you two together, then yes, your name might show on theirs, and theirs might show on yours.

I don’t have anyone in that position in my clan to test that part, but that’s how it works in the D3 clan setup.

Its still bad. The game shouldn’t be showing your real name, even if its just you seeing it.

Though that I think about it, D3 has been like that for nearly a decade and no one has raised a stink over it. I mean I look at my clan roster for D3, and the two family members in there both show their names, not their battle tag.

So…

We ignored that for nearly a decade, but now are throwing a fit with this game?

I don’t know.

Seems weird to me.

The only people who can see it are your REAL ID friends. So not only do they have to be in your friends list, you have to right click their name and make them a REAL ID friend for them to see it.

While that may be the case, the issue people have is that the name shows up at all. Regardless who can see it.

If you are a streamer and open your clan tab, what happens then?

This is why its kind of a big problem.

I just went into my account settings, turned it off, and by the time I got to the end of this thread, my family’s real id names went away. I’ll check in clan in awhile and report back.

Seems like a case of troll-ish streamer worried that someone “MAY” show up to physically “troll” them. Honestly.
Don’t act a fool on the internet and you won’t have the Danish building the machine to expose all “Trolls” ie “Skankhunt”

I really hope some of you get that reference or OMG we are in trouble.

And yet here you go once again harassing and attacking me Please stop it’s not funny anymore and I fear that something bad may happen!

LOL get a load of this dude. saying that people should be doxxed and then this… lmfao

hey did you find that link yet btw?

Well as a streamer wouldn’t you not show that part and stick something else in there like they do in rust so that you can’t see the map and stream snipe you

Being Diablo I figure the 666 platinum would be the right amount

Well, now when I go in, the name has changed to just my battlenet ID. It no longer shows my name even, though I had not disabled Real ID on my account.

So its fixed?

At least on mine.

1 Like

yup it’s fixed… :slight_smile:

1 Like