Diablo 4 Sanctuary Discord - Blizzard Partner or Not?

I don’t think they do support RMT as it explicitly states in its rules that it will get you banned from the server and you even get automatically banned for things like using a dollar sign in your message.

Could be true though and if it is it does make the association even worse.

I honestly don’t know why Blizzard supports trading in D4 in the first place. D4 trading is some weird half measure. Either allow full trading and all that goes with it, or disallow it completely. This half-in, half-out got exploited almost immediately.

1 Like

I think plenty of people care considering half the posts on this forum recently are in reference to this. Obviously the world revolves around you though and your posts are final. The forum isn’t actually a forum and it’s basically a platform for ‘Singularity’ to state what he KNOWS is right and wrong.

Okay.

No one from Blizzard is going to answer you here. Sorry :person_shrugging:

if you even have to ask it’s probably no.

It’s just some bare minimum lip service to superficially appease Blizzard. The fact is that the Discord, whether the mods know it or not, is used to connect buyers and sellers for RMT transactions. Discord in general is a well-known platform for sharing exploits, cheats, hacks and God knows what else. That’s the reason I left the platform in 2021 and came back only recently to try to trade on the D4 Discord before deciding that it was not worth it.

That Discord is not owned or run by Blizzard. They don’t moderate or handle any admin functions. That Discord is for the r/Diablo4 group. They are Partnered like Blizzard has streamers in a Partner program.

It is up to the actual streamer, or website owner, to set and police rules on their site. Failure to do so can result in Blizzard ending the partnership.

In this case, ANY trading you do with anyone is at your own risk. You are right, you don’t know where they got the gold from. Blizzard is not going to “sanction” such trades officially - it is at your own risk.

Right now they have not said anything about plans. Personally, I would not have made gold tradeable, but Blizz did. No idea if Blizzard will take steps to change that or not.

Keep in mind - game services or items for game currency is allowed under Blizzard rules. At your own risk, but allowed.

Game services or items for real life currency is not allowed. The server supposedly asks folks to follow the Blizzard EULA.

1 Like

If you are actually somewhat respectful and don’t come across as a brain-dead hater you can actually get a response if the post gains enough attention. Regardless if you’re positive or negative about the current state of them game.

for example.

It’s a complete clown freakshow that the game came out without an auction house and, even worse, that Blizzard didn’t implement it for S1

That is Tech Support. Blizzard has a team of Forum Support Agents who do post on the forums sometimes but they are not part of the Game Dev teams at all. They are there to just handle getting games running.

The Community Managers are the ones who would post here in General about game topics, and they are not going to respond to the OP.

1 Like

You were asking for attention and you aren’t going to get a response from Blizzard about a non-official server so you can trade your items.

Trade at your own risk. :slight_smile:

To an extent I agree. I’m simply trying to find an official statement or position on this rather than second-hand information from players.

Adding a feature to the game without clear information on this is basically adding a coinflip where one side gets you banned. It straight up should not be in the game if the risk is on you.

People are arranging trades on a third party platform that Blizzard does not control. By definition that is at your own risk. Further, Blizzard can’t police Discord or any other third party means of communications.

You engage in trade with someone who has illicit gold, it can bite you. WoW players have learned this policy the hard way. Stay far far away from anything you even think might be RMT related, or too good to be true.

Oh, it seems that r/Diablo4 Sanctuary Discord is making a separate trade site though to replace the Discord “forums” method. That info is in their News and Events channel.

1 Like

Interesting. Wasn’t aware of this as I left the server after the reports of bans happening.

That Discord is a straight up hugbox. They accuse you of things and when you dominate their view they slap you with a 30 day ban. What a joke. Just a bunch of incels on a power trip.

So you can arrange a trade in game via some current/future chat channel, or in your clan, or on some discord… and if the other person happens to have any illicit gold you get banned for it too? Like what? I get it they want to ban the cheaters and I support that but how is any legit player supposed to trade with anyone when literally any trade regardless of source can lead to a sudden ban through zero own fault x.X

Lol dont RMT and Cheat and you will be fine? Okey…
They banned me from server. And I was only using LFG channel for uber bosses. The reason is a joke. In LFG channel all people are using copy paste.Easy way to add people. So they can add each other faster for party up. Thats the deal there… And someone copied my Btag and added me for rota runs… But that person forgot to copy his own Btag after another LFG post and used my Btag instead of his/hers! And Wick bot found this suspicious and banned me. Even after I appeal they rejected and black listed me! Enjoy the story.

so? the discord isnt run by blizzard. appeal it to the discord.

diablo 4 don’t care about their Community so they ban people they don’t like.

Quit while you can and find another game.

When you complain they say anonymously bye bye only