Diablo 4 Needs a 7th Skill Slot for Ultimate Abilities- BADLY

Honestly i remapped my dodge to right stick for my xbox amd now b is a skill slot

Some suggestions.

The Ultimate skill should be mapped to LT+RT pressed together. This would feel intuitive to me.

I’m actually finding it weird to have A be my main attack and the button to interact with things. I lost count how many times I picked something up off the ground when all I wanted to do was attack something.

The B-button is also kind of weird. Like, why is one of the more accessible buttons assigned to jumping through stuff when the main Interact button could have worked for this?

For my sorc, this is what I’d want the controls to be.

RT - Primary attack (Arc Lash)
LT - Defensive (Ice Armor, Flame Shield) Reasoning: Next to healing potion
RT+LT - Ultimate (Unstable Currents)
LB - Potion
RB - Interact with environment - context sensitive
A - Secondary Attack (Chain Lightning)
X - Frost Nova
B - Dodge
Y - Teleport

And if you merged Dodge and Teleport to the same button (B), then you could get a 7th skill that way with the Y button. Some people might like the Y button to be the Interact button as well rather than something like RB, although I kind of like RB since it’s away from all the combat stuff and that fixes the issue of accidently picking up items in a dungeon when you meant to attack.

1 Like

I’d be satisfied if evade was on the right thumbstick (a la D3) freeing up the B button

1 Like

Yes. Especially as a necro, on console, when raise skele AND golem take up a skill slot… i dont know why they dont make a mod button. Loke hold LT for these 4 skills, release for these other 4 skills… but we at very least need a 7th. Necro should be fair game for a free summon skele slot too tho. I hope they listen to us on this. Its just absurd to have to give up one of my normal skills so i can summon and ult.

Look, I share the frustration but it most likely goes against their vision of the game and pretending they’ll change their mind on this is just about a 0% chance.

Simple gameplay design… can’t give unlimited slots, as that makes i too easy to build charcters that are OP

But that’s not how the game is mechanically built
note the OP is right and I can agree with that. And adding in a bind for just Ultimates is something that might happen at some point. But a lot of the posts here are just asking for more slots and that breaks the whole combat mechanics for the game

The whole base of the game is creating a character and build based around your 6 actions/skills and then focusing on ranking up passives that have synergy with them.

If they wanted the game built on us using 7 or 8 bar skills they would have just put them into the game. Thats why there are a lot of tweaks and changes one can make yet still keep a focus on their primary or secondary attacks. Like when playing rogue there are several skills I could just add in extra that allow me to evade or take no damage, but I only use 1 because thats how it fits into the build. If I were given more slots I could just mix those in and stay immune to damage constantly.

1 Like

This is actually incredibly annoying, I thought I did something wrong with my build, but as it stands at least for a twisting blades roughe endgame build I see no reason to use the ultimate other than in some boss fights, i specifically prepare for. There is actually no skill to switch away from without ruining my build…

1 Like

TBH I’d be down for an ulti slot getting opened up so we can slap one more ability it.

I don’t know what ability id pick but it would be fun

I am a casual player, I play a sorceress with Chain Lightning build, on a PC, now at level 42, and I have never used the Ultimate main skill - the Unstable Currents. In fact, I have not even learned it.

And, I do not need it, it’s like it does not exist for me in the game at all.

But I am ok with my build, just killed Astaroth in about 2 minutes without a problem. So what am I missing? Since I don’t want to sacrifice any skill slot in the current build because of its nice synergy. And I don’t wanna ruin my build, I think the Ultimate skill is not worth it… . am I wrong about that?

However, I feel a little bit sad that this skill - called the Ultimate - is somehow not usable for players like me, since there is no extra slot or key bind available to assign this ultimate skill to, so I could use it, sometimes.

Firstly. The console version is not suitable for hardcore mode because it is unstable.
Secondly. The current console version of D4 is not suitable for HC as there are no buttons to assign functions and some of them are locked.
In HC mode, the most important thing is the escape scroll, not responding to other players… or displaying emotes…
The most important button on the PS4/PS4 TOUCHPAD padlock is blocked and its full potential is used to … display the map …
And where is the ability to assign 2, 4 or even 6 zones on the touchpad?
Where are the gesture features on the TOUCHPAD?
There is no configurable function button that gives the possibility of duplicating the functions of other buttons.

If the X button for the basic attack and lift action is disconnected, another button is missing. Without disconnecting, you often can’t pick up items because somewhere else the game is tracking some invisible enemy. I disconnected and lifting is under R3 but now I can’t highlight items on the ground …