Diablo 4 Freezes while playing

Hi,

FYI disabling the GameInputSvc is not helping unfortunately. For some people updating the service is a solution as far as I could identify in the forums… this did not help me. (I also installed Windows 11 from scratch without Xbox services installed in addition what’s out of the box with W11. Even in these cases the Game is crashing…

any further suggestings are wolcome…

So the way I fixed the gameinput service error and I got a distinct error in event viewer which is why I said look there first.

For me the solution was to update my bios. For the moment I am not getting the gameinput service error anymore, but I have had 1 or two crashes with the client pop-up still. Which is a lot less than before. But there is still something other than that error at play here. GameInput service on it’s own I don’t think you can uninstall and keep it uninstalled, MS reinstalls it, but if it is not an issue for you, you should not need to worry about it.

I cannot know your specific situation, but I would say open a ticket they will ask you to run a Dxdiag and send it to them.

I have a similar problem, but only during the first 5 minutes of the game, whenever i change location the game simply gets stuck in the loading screen and subsequently kicks me off the server. When i then get back into the game all is fine fpr a while.

Yo wassup the reason your pc “crash” is to prevent your system from exploding due to overheat (microscope explosion). The issue is related to heat caused by D4 engine. What you can do is lowest graphics settings to the lowest, make sure your pc have enough coolings, especially if you living in hot country and wait for a patch that fix this issue once and for all

Hi,

this is unfortunately not true. I do have a Water-Cooled PC and can run Futuremark 3DMark stress test for hours flawless.

Then I start D4 and it is crashing my PC during the loading screen. Next time after rebooting it is running for 3 Minutes… before crash and another time it is crashing after 10 Minutes porting out of the dungeon. This is way too random for a Hardware/heat issue, and mainly happening once new Content is loaded.

Worst thing is as it is crashing my PC, and W11 is not able creating a Core Dump for debugging. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I pulled out Memory Modules too (64gb → 16 GB) and reduced Screen resolution. The issue remains…. At the same time, I copy the game files over to another PC that has identical GPU (Red Devil insted of TUF), and another Mainboard + no water cooling and it is not failing!

Might it be related to the X570 chipset?

I just identified my issue!

it’s related to [CRASH] Data Error : Diablo IV detected corrupted data and was unable to automatically repair the damage - #33 by KneLO-2691 - Technical Support - Diablo IV Forums. The same error that was reported in 2023, and by moving the Game director to anexternal USB3 M2 SSD the issue is gone!

I do have the x570 and a Samsung 980 Pro disk exactly as reported before. Once it’s on the “slower” disk no error’s anymore! Sorry Bliz, but that should not be happening.

It’s not his system, its this trash game. People with top of the line rigs, including myself, constantly experience the same issues this person speaks of in game. I also have no problem running any other game at ultra, but this game constantly freezes, gets stuck at the loading screen, crashes, rubberbanding/lag issues. This game is still BETA and should have never been released.

1 Like

Tell me you don’t know anything about hardware without telling me you don’t know anything about hardware. OP’s specs are far over the min. requirements for D4. Mininum requirement for D4 is a GTX 660 or AMD R9 280, OP’s graphic specs are largely over this requirement. Same goes for CPU which is min. requirement AMD FX-8350, OP is using an AMD 5 3600.