Diablo 4 community managers and twitter

You get out what you put in, exactly. If people saw what kind of posts do and do not get attention the community would adjust accordingly instead of the anarchy they are fine with perpetuating.

3 Likes

Well I appreciate you at least trying not to be rude. Sorry we cant find some common ground on this subject.

1 Like

I think he just means he’s sad that what you’re saying is true.

Did you read that?

Their main objective is to actually curate and provide digestible feedback and issues to the development team. Not respond to things on the forums. I imagine being more engaging in the forums could help.

But given how toxic these forums are, I wouldn’t expect any Blue names to be active here until the amount of toxic people dwindles.

Which should be soon since they’re always whining about how they’re quitting and never going to play another Blizzard product again.

1 Like

Yes this sorry Sparda. I am speechless. No ill towards you, I am just so floored right now. I have avoided social media for years on purpose. I’m an Everquest1 era player … to even think this is true is nothing short of a nightmare.

2 Likes

It is his PERSONAL Twitter, although he does talk about work, along with Costco, vacations, and anything else he thinks is interesting. He has a Personal Twitter because he wants to, like millions of other people. He does not have a professional Twitter.

I don’t like Blizzard’s policies that prevent CMs from posting anything other than Patch Notes and updates on the forums, but that policy comes down from the top.

The only official Blizzard twitter accounts are the Diablo, Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzard CS etc ones.

All the other ones labeled PERSONAL, are just that, personal.

That is a recent ELON thing that either should be changed back, or will be. I thought it was already fixed.

They don’t pay them anything.

Reddit is run by the people who made the channels, not Blizzard. Blizz does not run them, moderate them, etc.

I agree with this and have said so, directly to them, for years. If they were not such rare unicorns, maybe people would not freak out when they showed up. There is no excuse for heaping abuse on people - so mods do need to keep things clean. But I just don’t agree with Blizzard’s tightly controlled limits on what CMs are allowed to do and their inability to post on the forums in a casual/chat way.

This is not on the CMs, this is policy above them and applies across games. Official responses are curated, reviewed, and “published”. That keeps the out of whatever legal risks they feel they might run into I guess? Not making promises about patches, features, etc?

13 Likes

Where is our conduit for feedback? You need thick skin to be a good community manager. Something lacking at Blizzard’s culture.

1 Like

Lol. Lmao. “Okay”. You ignored where i said non-monetary compensation. probably on purpose.

2 Likes

They probably have a company policy that discourages them from posting on forums.
Notice that on each of their accounts there’s a note stating that it’s a private account.
By speaking here, they can’t add that note. So, everything they write there may be true,
but it doesn’t have to be, as those are their private accounts.

Would you respond in this toxic community?

Doubt it.

2 Likes

He should not be allowed to speak about diablo or answer community questions from his personal account. it’s incredibly unprofessional.

8 Likes

Damn my boy don’t you sleep? Doesn’t trolling take it outta ya? At least I’m not the only one with an unhealthy obsession with these forums.

It’s like getting an advanced showing of the fall of civilization. Maybe that’s the fascination.

1 Like

Yes i did read that. The forum is a community, and i also stated that if they want to use twitter to help build the diablo community at least make it a separate account from his personal life. Also the argument that they don’t reply because of toxicity is weak. Its his job to help the community and moderate so maybe if he did that it would help make the forum less toxic.

You can leave feedback on the forums, reddit, discords, websites like Maxroll that might have discussion boards, etc. The CMs are currently tasked with collecting that feedback, compiling it into reports, delivering to Devs, etc.

What you seem to want is a back and forth with someone specific on a one-on-one level in an official capacity which is not something you are likely to get with modern Blizzard.

Their communications suck, and have for a long time, but they are also not punching bags like some seem to think they should be. I feel like they went a bit far on the “hands off”, but I also sort of understand.

5 Likes

I’m sure the Diablo CMs come here and read things for feedback.

But they probably focus on posts that are maturely written with constructive criticism that is laid out coherently.

If they start replying to some posts with the way the forums are right now, you’ll see a million posts about why aren’t they responding to other posts.

2 Likes

Because they are bad at their jobs and the company is poorly run from the top to the bottom.

4 Likes

It really honestly speaks to the level of work I personally see going in at the CM level. It’s a lack of creating central updates here on the site and then linking that update through various social media platforms back to this one. It’s quite honestly just a single post through one platform (seemingly) and then thinking “Yeah, good enough”.

Good thing CM isn’t a traffic cop or a park ranger.

It seems like they are trying to blur the lines of responsibility, allowing the bosses
to disassociate themselves from any issues.

3 Likes

You’re now not allowed to talk about work on social media ever again. Got it.