Can we PLEASE do something to make death trap more viable? Having to roll max CDR on every available piece as well as the tempers hamstrings the damage the build can do significantly.
I know there are many different sites for builds, but looking at Maxroll, the “endgame” build for DT has 121% CDR as affixes and tempers. Comparing to RoA having 81% CDR and Pen. Shot only needing 10% with it not being an ultimate.
We’ve got 3 barb specs and 1 spiritborn that are considered “S” tier, so I don’t think it would hurt to buff some other specs.
Dude why you rolling max CDR on everything when you can just run a good roll misericord?
With a high lucky hit % you just get infinite DT/PT/Caltrops spam. Works on bosses too. Not as good vs WB due to Lucky Hit bug. Also gives all trap abilities a big [x] bucket on top of everything.
Also, a good rustbitten is great for trap builds because it makes the traps get a 100-120%[x] bucket vs anything that survives the initial blast (like bosses, elites, etc).
Run a few CDR items, u don’t need to min-max it. There’s ways around that ezpz.
1 Like
Agreed, the CDR breakpoints on Death Trap builds are straight up psychotic. The other breakpoints at least are far more manageable this season, but the CDR breakpoint invalidates all of it.
Even after rolling CDR on on full ancestral gear, tempering it on everything I could, rolling CDR for the final masterwork upgrade on everything I could, including misericord, I was only down to about 17 seconds.
You need Grreater Affix CDR on most of your pieces, and need to double rolL CDR on the seal to hit the breakpoints without completely gimping everything else.
Death Trap is really the only fun looking build, but the fact that you can’t even play it without god rolls on most of your gear is super annoying. I pretty much bailed on the season after seeing how out of reach the build was.
I’m sure that works fine on massive groups of trash, but basically need 100% lucky hit to guarantee any kind of consistency against bosses, and I’m not sure if that’s easier to gear for than CDR.
The bigger part is if you have enough CDR to hit breakpoints. If you don’t then Death Trap is going to feel clunky and crappy.
You can bypass this with Misericorde + lucky hit which is a lot easier to get than CDR on basically all of your gear. Neither is better than the other. They’re just different paths to the same conclusion. Some will get enough CDR, some won’t ever get enough CDR and in that case might as well use a good Misericorde + high lucky hit changce.
I was playing around with it again today, and weirdly enough Death Trap seems to be infinitely spammable at 19 seconds and under. My Death Trap build is actually functional and feels good now. Under 20 seconds is a bit more reasonable to get, no idea why all of the guides say 15.
I’m still stacking CDR, though, because I want to be able to zero CD spam Shadow Step.
2 weeks later, seems your prayer has been answered. Have a look at M1PY DT rogue. Damn it, I just had to change my “wetted” pants twice when watching his juicy speed runs