Can we get some more information on the death screen about what killed us?
I’m new to Diablo (first game) and I don’t really mind being one shot out of nowhere but it’s frustrating to not be able to learn from deaths.
I would like to see maybe the last 5-10 damage instances, the enemy name and any affixes, the amount of damage done and the type of damage (physical, shadow etc).
5 Likes
“What even killed me?” Diablo 4 in a nutshell.
5 Likes
This has been requested before and I believe the answer will simply stay no. I don’t think they’ll ever make a combat log.
It will say in the chat log who killed you but necessarily how. You would need to know who was doing what. Sometimes its obvious other times not.
Even if they said this spell killed you how would that help it not kill you the next time?
1 Like
I could use the info to try understand what to avoid and whether I need more of a certain resistance perhaps. I’m not saying it will solve all problems but it’s better than just nothing.
1 Like
They won’t fix visual clarity because the game needs to look awesome so they may as well tone down the damage we take.
They do need to fix visual clarity for Warlock. It very much does not look awesome currently. The design choices them made for that classes skills are insane.
I think the issue is you didn’t see it. Had you seen it coming you would have avoided it. So knowing what it was won’t stop you from not seeing it the next time.
More information is nice but I think the better fix would be to make all the ground effects more visible and better telegraph the big hits from mobs. Or of course both things.
1 Like
Being able to see stuff definitely would help. Maybe any one shot abilities should show a cast bar over the enemy so you know it’s coming and when to avoid.
No idea. My best guess is it was The Fire Puddle. It’s always the same one too. It might look a little different. It might be bigger. It could be a bit smaller. Some are red. Some are green. Others look like rocks. Some even fly above your head before exploding. Others attack from below. Sometimes stuff throws them at you. The best ones are self-aware and will chase after your character.
2 Likes
“Killed by an unknown enemy”.
That’s how I lost my latest hardcore character. Not even the game knows how it manages to kill the players. How could it provide any info?
3 Likes
Even Ice Hockey Games have a Combat Log 
2 Likes
Personally I love it when screen is cleared, just going somewhere else, and suddenly you’re looking at your tombstone and the log doesn’t even have “… was slain”, you’re just dead for no detectable reason whatsoever. I don’t even think you could play hardcore now with the number of times I am just suddenly dead.
How are they going to show what killed you, when they don’t even know themselves?
Looking at my HC wall of shame…
I had one death this season. SLAIN BY: Unknown Killer
I had one death last season. SLAIN BY: Unknown Killer
In fact, literally half of the characters that are still on my wall of shame say I was killed by ‘Unknown Killer’, the deadliest enemy in the game.
1 Like