Dear Devs - from a casual LONG time Diablo gamer

I’m an older, casual gamer. I’ve been playing Diablo since the beginning and have enjoyed Diablo 4. Here are some thoughts after 4 seasons of play:

• LOVE the pets. Make them more useful and allow us to tell it what to pick up (even certain gear levels)
  • For the love of god allow us to transmute (salvage?) elixirs and gems. I’ve gotten 2 characters to level 100 this season (remember I’m a casual gamer) and I’m STILL trying to get my ruby’s to max level for my armor. Meanwhile I have unlimited skulls, topaz, amethyst, etc. Same with elixirs - I use the same 2-3 elixirs and can’t do a thing with the rest. Allow us to salvage them or something so we can create the ones we DO use.
  • I don’t mind farming Duriel or Andariel for the Ubers. I LOATHE having to spend days trying to gather enough materials to then run another boss to get another material to then do a whopping 3-4 Duriel runs. This is NOT fun. I’m not interested in buying the mats. I just want to play the game. The main ingredient I go through is Angelbreath. Increase the drop rate or allow us to transmute other ingredients. A suggestion would be to have ALL the required mats for all the bosses drop from anywhere. It’s already better than it used to be, but IMO, still not there. As you play the game, doing any event, you get the mats. When you finally get to a level you can use them, you have enough to do the thing more than twice. I GET there is a grind - I already said I don’t mind fighting the uber bosses for the best drop chances. In line with that - eliminate or change the lower boss fights to get the mats for Andariel and Duriel. At level 100 it takes longer to get to the boss, wait for it to spawn, exit the dungeon, reset the dungeon, enter the dungeon - than it does to kill it. It takes me less than 3 seconds to kill the boss to get the needed drop for a SINGLE mat for Duriel or Andariel. It takes WAY too much time to do a run at high levels - it’s boring boring boring. An idea - MAKE THE DROP RATE HIGHER BASED ON HOW FAST YOU KILL THE BOSS. Guaranteed 1 mat. Max of 8 or 10. NOT 2 or 3. It takes so many to do a single Duriel or Andariel run. I’d love to do 40-50 runs in a row. Currently not possible without boring myself to tears running the lower dungeons to get the required materials.
  • The faster, more efficiently you kill bosses the better your rewards (Great Affixes, number of mats dropped, etc) should be - all the time.
  • FIX the tempering. It takes WAY too long to find a good piece of gear and when you roll all your tempering tries and brick the gear - that sucks. Not fun. At all. Fix it like you did the master working. Cap the price and the mats needed to a reasonable amount and allow us to reset it and try again.
  • The Pit. If I am going to do level 100+ pits, give us a greater chance to roll 2 or 3 (even ONE) great affixes on the gear. Level 100+ shouldn’t have the same rewards as level 50 or 80. Make it worth it. Besides the tedious grind to earn mats to slowly get our gear to max level.
  • LOOT FILTER
  • DO SOMETHING to make the side quests meaningful. More special elixir recipes, specific rewards (single use elixir that triples your mats from running a boss??) As is, no one does them as they are 99% worthless.
  • DO SOMETHING to make the rare and magic gear useful. As is, no one does anything with it. Might as well remove it. Magic is hardly worth it after playing for an hour from the beginning. Rare gear for only slightly longer. It’s worthless to salvage and worthless to sell.
  • Add a way to take 2 items and combine the affixes you want from each into a new item. Make it take a resplendent spark or whatever.
  • BRING BACK SETS. GOOD sets. That you don’t need 100% of to make it good. Allow us to transmute X amount of the same set piece for another so we can actually complete a set.

I’m sure I forgot some things but after playing your games for over 30 years, I wanted to just throw my thoughts out there on a game that I absolutely love playing. Most of the time.

3 Likes