DDos attack - guess we have to wait this one out

Its been broken since early this morning woke up early tried to get some early morning gaming in, that was more than 5 hours ago just tried again still broken lol.

It already is. Always has been.

2 Likes

You just don’t know how DDos works, someone withany knowledge wouldn’t say what you just did.

3 Likes

I dont really understand this but looks super cool

Is anyone getting an unable to find valid license error when trying to log on during the ddos attack shenanigans?

lol yes pretty much everyone who cant log in has that

IT says poland was attacking them lmaaaao

guys try again it let me now problems now

That’s what Blizzard says whenever their cheap servers buckle.

1 Like

Sweet thanks!! Was hoping that and not that I have to reload bliz and the game.

Guess someone couldn’t get their Shako drop.

Was able to get the character select screen but stuck at queued for game start.

1 Like

i got in quick maybe its a line now

Their current map is non-functional, indicating an actual DDoS attack is occuring. Not even their filters are loading.

It’s working for me. I had to reload to get it to load the data onto the map. US datacenters look like they’re getting pummeled.

Looks like the different websites tracking this type of DDoS is calling it a ‘TCP SYN flood’

From the wiki: A SYN flood is a form of denial-of-service attack in which an attacker rapidly initiates a connection to a server without finalizing the connection. The server has to spend resources waiting for half-opened connections, which can consume enough resources to make the system unresponsive to legitimate traffic.

1 Like

The St. Louis/Illinois (US Central) and Texas datacenters are getting slammed. Ironically, anyone that is connecting to the West Coast datacenter can get in as that is not being targeted for some reason.

It’s not DDOS attack. Blizzard put in a patch and it broke everything. This is the level of competence you can expect from diversity hires.

6 Likes

How long did you have to wait the queued for game start screen?

I just got in as quick as I normally do. It appears that anyone that’s having trouble has a connection that is (ideally under normal circumstances) routed to the US Central datacenters. Anyone connecting to the US West/West Coast datacenters is getting in just fine unless their traffic flows through the junctions that are being DDoSed in which case they are experiencing packet loss and inability to get into the game.