Damage numbers change recommendation

I thought I was going to love the changes to the floating damage text because it sounded like it was not only going to de-clutter the screen but also make them easier to read and identify when I do big damage, but it has actually had the opposite effect.

Previously, I could easily tell when I did over a billion damage (sue me, I play SB like just about everyone else) by looking at how many digits the number contained. At a glance, I could quickly notice “More than 9 digits, billions of damage”. With the new patch, all my numbers are 4-5 digits including the abbreviator. Whether something like 2,063M or 1,946k quickly pop up and fade out on the screen, it’s somewhat difficult to differentiate the vast difference in damage done.

Why not just allow us to filter shown damage numbers in the options menu? Something along the lines of:

☐ Display damage under 1K
☐ Display damage under 1M
:ballot_box_with_check: Display damage under 1B

Better yet (or in addition to the above), let us color-code specific denominations as we see fit. That way we can keep filling the screen with numbers, but maybe we want the big billions or trillions (I am not there yet) to be red, or purple, or green. It would be so much easier to identify when the good stuff happens.

It’s somehow even harder to read.

My thoughts exactly.