D4 was supposed to be DARK and GRIM

Oh i know. It would be easy enough to fix. And get rid of the glowing red meat piles. Its teally immersion breaking.

1 Like

How dark do you want? Pitch black?

As dark and grim as the dev team promisedā€¦ Not some fairytale stuff.

If I wanted radioactive minions, I would play fruity pebble D3. This is Diablo 4 and they promised it to be dark and grim. The minions are far from looking like that. Immersion breaking.

1 Like

Man, that McRib corpse got me laughing really hard.

Yeah, too bad they didnt give us non cartoony skeletons. Just copy paste the enemy ones, they look pretty cool

Even the skeletons are fat in this game.
Blizzard is taking the Body Positivity theme way too far.

100% agree. They are keeping SOOOOOOOOOO many things from D3, and making further negative changes. But hey, they are a woke company now.

1 Like

Necro is too much D3 necro which is so bad, didnt like the gameplay at all, the minions are so cartoony, really killing immersion.

2 Likes

Youā€™re absolutely right, and in my opinion, this can be said for many classesā€¦ Necro, Sorc, Barb.

1 Like

they didnt learn from d2r at all, the monster dying animations are a joke, the models are a joke. the copy paste elite/boss mechanics from d3 are a joke. where is the originality and the effort? a single overseer from d2 or d2r dying has better animation than anything ive seen in d4 so far

2 Likes

Donā€™t just throw the argument of ā€œD3 vibesā€. Criticize the necro lighting and leave it at that. D4 is as much like D3 like D2 is like D3.

true, theyre just taking advantage of bliz north ex employeeā€™s work again and release a worse product since d2

2 Likes

This sentence is badly structured; however, if my interpretation of your sentence is correct, then I disagree with you, because D4 is VERY similar to D3; however, D2 is NOTHING like D3.

2 Likes

It is similar yea, itā€™s a kind of mixture between D2, D3, D-immo and even D1.

The biggest dislike Iā€™ve got so far, is that Orange legendries system from D3.
I prefer the Gold Unique items system from D2. Other than that, I donā€™t feel like Iā€™m playing a D3 copy-paste and Iā€™ve played Diablo 3 for almost every season of the 28 seasonsā€¦ I even have it installed atm.

Iā€™m glad we can agree on one thing, at least :slight_smile:

First post ever in all the years Iā€™ve been playing Diablo games, Iā€™ve been playing since D1 and I have to say this game looks & feels like it was developed by an indie studio.

Why would you alter this once amazing franchise so much? I was disappointed with D3, it was ok, but sad when D3 feels better than D4, wow did I just say that!

Do you not understand the concept of your first two games Blizz?

D2R looks and plays better than D4 or D3, more immersion, better graphics (more realistic) do you understand immersion matters. Well, what do we expect D2 was made by the amazing Blizzard North and thank goodness it was adapted for modern times by a developer that understood the core of the game.

Blizz really should have used Vicarious Visions team along with the community to develop D4. What else can I say? What an absolute and utter disappointment!

Sad situation Blizz, I have lost all hope in your ability to hire leads and listen to your community. But I do have to say Thank You! for using someone else to make D2R and not destroying it like you have done with the last two games!

sincerely a very disappointed fan :frowning:

2 Likes

If that breaks your immersion I suggest paint chips.

I completely agree that it is immersion-breaking.

Imagine, you have this beautiful, demonic and dark world that diablo is meant to be, and all of a sudden, BAM! You summon 4 skeletons that look like theyā€™re props from the Mario Kart Rainbow Road map.

2 Likes

That glow is necromantic energies flowing and sustaining skeletons. If you want more dark D4 adjust your gamma.

Then go play a different game.