D4 was supposed to be DARK and GRIM

Sure, the overarching world of D4 is dark and grim; however, as soon as you get into combat, the whole area lights up like a Christmas tree.

This is especially true for Necro.

What is this crap? Pure D3 vibes once again.

7 Likes

I feel this way about the glowing minions for the necromancer. They have too much color and glow way too much.

7 Likes

I was doing POE sanctum runs and it was hella dark.

As soon as I saw the skeles, my heart sank…

6 Likes

I really hope they fix the visuals of the minions before release day. It makes me want to sacrifice the minions just so i don’t have to look at them.

3 Likes

Dude they pretty much just recycled the skeletons from D3. As someone else put it they also brough the McRib corpse back.

5 Likes

Absolutely, I’d go as far as they recycled about 40-50% of the game from D3. What a mess!

2 Likes

At least ive got D2r and Lost Ark

They literally look like they are running on a different graphics engine.

4 Likes

Yep. Retextured Diablo 3 skeletons. And I thought the model and texture they went with for the Diablo 3 skeletons was trash. There is no reason why they didn’t just use the same model and texture they already had for the Diablo Act 1 skeletons which would have looked 100 times better than the crap they created for Necromancer.

3 Likes

A game from the 90s had/has the technology to have enemies die and leave a corpse but in 2023 we have to have a bright red goop spawn in place of an actual corpse. My skeletons look like they just got back from a weekend in Vegas while I explode the Red Kool-Aid piles.

4 Likes

They have actual skeletons as enemies in D4 you kill. Thats the funniest part. Just recycle those.

1 Like

Actually… this does stand out to me, they made the skeletons really low-quality. I didn’t know what rubbed me the wrong way about the necro, but I think that was what it was. The skeletons definitely need an update to their model. Looks out of place.

1 Like

The skeletons and the red Kool-aid puddles on the ground in place of a corpse. Both are recycled from D3. Even worse is the fact in D3 they looked better

1 Like

Yeah, those corpse models look pretty bad too. Maybe it was rushed out at the last minute.

The whole game feels like that for me. Makes me wonder what magic they are going to perform to get this game in a good state, in the next 2 months.

1 Like

Necro was announced at least 9 months ago. Theyve had time to make a decent model

No magic. They dont care. They will sell millions of copies based off the ip alone. Then whatever the cash shop brings. Blizzard is doing what they do best. Stealing ideas and mechanics from other games and/or recycling content from there own games. Its essentially going to be a polished turd.

I really hate that the D3 corpse system is back. It distracts from the immersion. They have videos where the skeletons looked much better. Idk what happened.

2 Likes

Right but I was referring to the Necro skeletons as they are in Diablo 3. The model which they ported to Diablo 4 and then reprocessed the texture to update it for Diablo 4.