D4 out of memory

Same issue here on 2 pc’s:
First is a Desktop PC with:
Ryzen 3800X, Asus X570 board, 32GB DDR4 3600 ram, NVME disk for installation and a Radeon 5700XT graphics card.
Second is a Lenovo Legion 7 Laptop with:
Ryzen 5800 cpu, 32GB DDR4 3200 ram, Nvidia 3070 GPU and NVME disk for installation.
On both pc’s diablo was using more than 30Gb of ram plus all the graphics memory available and on several ocations the pc’s ran out of memory and crashed.
I ran the game mostly on High but toned down shadows and other usual suspects for stuttering and low fps. On both systems the game was run as it launched by default (auto settings) windowed fullscreen (1080p for PC -16x9- and 1600p -16x10- on the laptop) also, I had HDR on the laptop but looked horrible so I disabled it.
WTF BLIZZARD???

Played for 4 minutes today. Barely got to town and then got the Out of Memory error.
Now I have to wait another hour or so for the queue. Sucks because I have 32 GB of memory which should be more than good enough.

It seems super weird to me that a game even has a memory error like this in 2023.

When you get back in try setting textures to medium or low. Do not run textures on high.

They already were on Medium. :frowning: I turned them down during the last beta and I checked to make sure they were still on Medium today.

Great, I have yet to get into the game, waiting through the queue, so once I’m in I’ll probably have the same issue. Ugh.

Ran into the same issue last week (Inno3D RTX 3080).

I fixed it for me on Sunday by downgrading my GPU driver to the one released start of February (last before the new driver branch, don’t remember the exact version number).

This week’s Elden Ring patch was rather unstable and solution was to upgrade the GPU driver, so now I’m back at Diablo 4 crashing/running out of memory, especially with Chrome open in parallel.

So if any of you suffer from this, downgrading drivers might be worth a try. Right now sitting in queue to try lower settings with the latest driver.

1 Like

I had my settings turned down to medium last week and was stable all weekend after experiencing this issue multiple times.

Even on medium with 32 GB of RAM Diablo 4 just ran out of memory again and crashed. I have updated to the latest Nvidia driver made for Diablo 4 hoping this issue would be resolved and I could try high settings but before I could even swap up to High it ran out of memory and crashed.

I will log back in and try again before rolling back my drivers. I will tweak some other settings to try and bring the ram usage down before the queues get out of control.

1 Like

What seemed to have helped or atleast fix it was turning down settings to medium/low and enabling and putting pagefile size to 32gb so far no crashes even tho 1st beta i was getting it every 5 mins

Same error, twice now. I did not have this error in the first beta weekend so it’s an issue with something they patched in this weeks beta.

PC Specs:
Ryzen 5600x
EVGA RTX 3080
32G Ram DDR4
Windows 11

1 Like

Same problem here.
|Prosessor|Intel(R) Core™ i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz|
|Installert RAM|32,0 GB|
|Installert GPU| NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
|Systemtype|64-biters operativsystem, x64-basert prosessor|
|Skjerminstilling|1920 x 1080, 120 Hz

I kinda solved the oom error by turning everything down to medium on my PC (all AMD hardware, 32gb and nvme storage) ridiculous but at least, this is not causing the crashes.

I think I know why the RAM usage was so high, it was because of the High-Resolution Assets pack, it was meant for 4k.
Ofc the game looks insane on high texture but it will require a lot of VRAM too, so I uninstall that pack and play on medium instead, unless you have a 16+ GB VRAM

Changed from medium to low graphic settings now, and still getting memory crashes all the time. With a PC that is far above the requirements.
Last week medium settings seemed to be enough to not make it crash as often, but not anymore.

D4 has run out of memory

Gtx 1080ti
16gm
I7 8700k

I had to run medium settings on 1440p. Game was still using 25 gigs of memory with fsr on quality. It might have still crashed but game felt so boring I stopped playing around level 5.

First experience was auto settings (high) and game crashed during first instance with 32 gigs of ram. Did not download the 40gb texture pack.

Hello,

Well, nothing, another one with memory problems.
I have a 3080 10GB
32GB of RAM
Windows 11.

When activating the textures in high, randomly, sometimes before, sometimes after:
crash with OutMemory message.

Leave the parameter “aftermath” activated to capture the log.
I leave you the pastebin :frowning:

I don’t understand too much, but this part doesn’t seem very normal.

Pastebin: I 2023.03.24 18:12:06.345215 [Crash] User defined symbols path: C:\Program Files - Pastebin.com

RYZEN 4500 (not U version)
16Gb 3200 DDR4
SSD + HDD
RTX 3070 8GB

a think it’s video memory problem, not system…
just in character selection screen usage is already about 8gb with low setting and low texture pack… it’s not look normal…

The open beta was consistently crashing (early, just when entering the game world) for me, with out of memory errors. I managed to “solve” that by enabling Windows Virtual Memory, which I normally completely disable, and have had zero issues with games for years. Anyway, having a 12 Gb custom size paging file let me run the open beta without a single crash after enabling it. And that was with maxed settings and HDR enabled.

Specs:

Device name i7-9700K
Processor Intel(R) Core™ i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 32,0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 22H2
OS build 19045.2728
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0

Video

Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming OC 10GB
3840x2160 120 Hz, 10-bit RGB

I’ve also experienced very high system and vram usage. I got the out of memory exception once and had numerous stuttering issues, because my page file was on a regular HDD (the game itself is on a SSD). Vram is always maxed (8Gb RTX 3070Ti) and system memory was almost always at or near 100% and the game process was reaching over 20Gb + the page file was 20Gb.
Once I lowered the textures and shadows to Medium and limited the in-game fps, the things were much more stable, but this is spec is much higher than the recommended, so I should be able to run it smoothly on High. I hope you seriously optimize it before launch, because the current state is not very acceptable.
Edit: Not sure if it’s relevant, but I was running it at 2560x1080 on a 34" ultrawide.
System specs: i7-8700K (slightly overclocked), 32Gb RAM, RTX 3070Ti