D4 out of memory

edit4: a reddit post says dropping textures from high to medium cuts memory bloat by 50%

edit5…
was in the game settings menu on character select screen and it crashed before i could set my graphics settings to Low.

edit6: I made sure to update my nvidia driver and was able to reduce my settings to Medium, but I got another crash though shortly after loading in.

edit7: i tried installing the reduce memory app mentioned in the linked reddit post above. still no luck, so waiting to see if it gets fixed w/ a patch. rip

edit8: i did a scan and repair of the game after disabling some start-up applications (EALauncher and Steam), as well as fully exiting discord and was able to play for ~45 min before a server dc during first boss.

original post:
initial memory crash after selecting class to customize, then during the in-game intro after character creation, and then as soon as joining game w/ created character after log in queue.

didn’t even have time to try to change my graphic settings to lower quality

edit: posted quickly w/o thinking, apologies. waiting through queue again. can game settings be changed on the character select screen?

edit2/3:
Windows 11
EVGA Z390 FTW
i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
LG 32UN650-W 60Hz

3 Likes

Same problem. Logged in and made my character. Crashed with an error that the game had run out of memory coming out of the first cut scene.

Waited 82 minutes to log back in again. Went through the worgs and first town dialogue. Clicked to load into the first dungeon and the same error - out of memory. I have 32 GB of DDR4 RAM and I am running an 11 GB GDDR5 1080 Ti.

Minimum Requirements for PC*

Settings to run the Diablo IV Open Beta at 1080p native resolution / 720p render resolution, low graphics settings, 30 fps.

• Operating System: 64-bit Windows 10
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K or AMD FX-8100
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD Radeon R9 280
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Storage: SSD with 45 GB available space
  • Internet: Broadband Connection

Recommended Specifications for PC

Settings to run the Diablo IV Beta at 1080p resolution, medium graphics settings, 60fps.

• Operating System: 64-bit Windows 10
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-4670K or AMD R3-1300X
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon RX 470
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Storage: SSD with 45 GB available space
  • Internet: Broadband Connection
1 Like

Notice nobody with memory errors are posting their hardware setup.

Asus Z390 Gaming
Core i7 9700 @ 4.9 AIO
32gb Corsair Dominator RGB Pro
EVGA RTX 2070 FTW3 Ultra
EVO M2 1tb - EVO Sata3 500gb
MSI Optix AG32CQ 144hz Curved 1ms (x2)
Corsair 750w Modular

I think we are all way over medium requirements… 3080 with NVME drive 32GB DDR4 a 5950x 16core CPU, will leave this here just in case Blizz will give the BS reply to check mimum specs and lower settings…

3 Likes

As they should, it’s troubleshooting step #1
Will be the first question out of their mouth. :slight_smile:

Two OOM crashes so far…

Win 10 Pro
Ryzen 9 5900X
3080 12GB edition
32GB DDR4 3000 Mhz

1 Like

have to be honest, try most triple A games on this machine, at least 10 games / month, I haven’t had a memory leak in game since 2000 era, sure discord and some twitch streams were on + monitoring software (afterburner and rivaturnerstatistics) but in this age that should not be an issue.

With this many people reporting a memory leak crash I doubt they will chalk it up to everyone being below settings. Without getting into system specifics I can say with relative ease the majority of people taking the time to post about this issue are surprised by this crash and have systems beefy enough to completely smash through the minimum and recommended system requirements.

It’s a beta. Blizzard will do their own investigation on their side instead of troubleshooting individual system specs from user posts. If they need or want this information from individuals, they’ll ask for it.

Sure, that’s one unprofessional perspective.
But it’s also a forum. Hardware specs would illuminate the obvious, or could.
For example, you’re having a no game sound issue and everyone is using a 390 Asus board.

It’s just a simple thing to do when troubleshooting things.
It CAN help you help yourself, and others.

“Unprofessional perspective”

You must be fun at parties.

My basic system specs are posted in my original comment. In actuality Blizzard, should they want or need your exact system specifications, will have you complete a diagnostics and performance download and paste the information for them to analyze using their own software tools. This is automated simply by copy/pasting information and not done one on one with users.

Until they ask for this information to be delivered to them in this format, it’s essentially wasted beyond anecdotal inclusion, but feel free to personally attack others about it on a beta bug report form.

For anyone actually following the bug report: 98 minutes left on queue number 2. Once I’m in again I will update here if the problem persists.

2 Likes

Might I kindly remind you, since you might have missed the pop up:

Welcome to Diablo IV Forums — thanks for contributing!

• Be kind to your fellow community members.
  • Does your reply improve the conversation?
  • Constructive criticism is welcome, but criticize ideas, not people.
1 Like

Massive Memory Leak : Diablo (reddit.com)

drop textures from high to medium cuts memory bloat by 50%

3 Likes

Thank you, I did see this post and am waiting to get back in to adjust settings!

same

not sure why our spot ingame isnt held for us when we crash like this…

1 Like

Same here after kiling first boss, bam “Out of memory” crash. Back in 90min queue…

Specs:
Ryzen5 3600
Geforce RTX2060S
32GB of RAM
Win10pro

1 Like

Same, out of memory and crashed.

happened twice so far whenever going into new area. Seems to be an issue with memory leakage… Will try to lower texture quality and use reduce memory software to clear RAM when too full.

Even using low everything settings, graphics render poorly. But it seems to stop frames disappear like this:

https://i.ibb.co/68swx9h/Screenshot-7.jpg

EVGA 3060ti
Using latest nvidia driver 531.29

same here, crash out of memory message & 93 min queue :frowning:

GTX 1070TI
32G RAM
I7 11700K