D4 has seriously excluded all humor?

yes god please dont let some different character behaviour into our game. all the same and all dark and serious. how one dimensional you can be … yes.

I was really angry because the pony level had the needed level of violence and gore the rest of the game was missing lol.

Depends what behaviour we’re talking about. Your example from D3 was just cringe. I’d post some joke I recently discovered from D2 npc dialogue but I could get banned for that nowadays lol.

They could have remade it as a Greed Demon and it would have fit in.

diablo 3 was a disaster in terms of atmosphere and tone. the crappy painterly/cartoon art style, the followers constantly making cheesy/corny jokes, the laughable dialogue like the butcher yelling “meat good. vegetable bad!!!” give me a break.

i can understand why someone who has only played diablo 3 might be a little taken back by diablo 4’s “dreary and depressing” mood. but this is what diablo is supposed to be like. diablo 3 was a massive departure from the first two games in terms of style and tone, honestly it felt more like warcraft than diablo. i’m glad that diablo 4 has gone back to the roots of the franchise

5 Likes

There are absolutely treasure goblins, I have killed a few. I did let one run away in hopes that he’d open a portal, but sadly it seemed he opened it, jumped through & closed it again.

Whimseydale, no thank you. It was a jab at those who criticized D3 for being “too colorful/bright” and it can stay there. The whole point of the Diablo franchise is that Hell is coming to take over the world - if that’s not depressing, I do not know what is. I will HAPPILY create whatever is needed for the Cow Kingdom though!

I’m honestly not sure why people keep saying there are no mobs or only few mobs. I find bunches of them, literally. (I’m talking outside of events.) Maybe it’s the time I’m playing, which is like 3-4 a.m. PDT and I play for a couple hours. I generally see several players in Kyovashad, 1 or 2 in Menestad & Nevesk. Haven’t seen more than 2 players together at any point anywhere outside of the cities though.

“Funny” speeches and jokes have no place in diablo, that’s what made diablo 3 ridiculous.

No thanks, please blizzard, keep the dark atmos.

2 Likes

Agreed BUT a little post end game humor isnt terrible, like the cow level. The unicorn level was a bit much though.

We havent seen end game in open beta, so maybe theres a little somethin somethin

you kiddin me Treasure goblins are the best and I adore. Wtf are these haters!

Good thing. Diablo is about fighting demons. Why should there be jokes?
WoW or heartstone, or maybe Overwatch is the game to play if you want humour.

Or you can play Path of Exile and dress like actual clown (I mean real clown).

3 Likes

So basically Diablo 3 was your first and only Diablo game?

I’m sorry you missed out on some pretty epic games, but Diablo 3 is the red headed step child of the series for most long time fans.

5 Likes

LOL You can wear a clown costume (including hat!) in Fallout 76 too. It’s more than a little creepy, if I’m going to be honest. That said though, a little bit of humor can ease tension in any situation. The little comments in D2 made me shake my head a bit and D3 was over the top (although I do have to admit that I love Covetous Shen, most likely because of the voice actor) with the comedy. We’re only seeing a TINY part of the game right now, not even all of Act I, so potentially there might be some little comments later on. I kind of hope so because while I do approve of it not being a billion laughs a minute, one can only take so much moroseness. We shall see though.

I totally agree with you on this. Let the game atmosphere reflect what is taking place with a demonic invasion along with the daughter of hatred walking the streets of sanctuary. I don’t want the corny humor of D3 in D4.

2 Likes

LOL!!! i can tell that diablo 3 is the only diablo game you’ve played. it’s actually diablo 3 that doesn’t feel like diablo.

1 Like

D4 in my opinion thus far feels like Lost Ark and DI had a love child and boy is it ugly. D4 doesn’t feel like going back to it’s roots at all.

Freakin retail wow players, man…

1 Like

what humor?

i didnt eat enough.
i ate too much.
my stomach feels weird.
being a mortal isnt easy.

wow such humor i cant even :wink:

idk about “humor” tbh. it can make a one-and-done playthrough kind of interesting but for anyone sticking around it just ends up getting on the nerves.

1 Like

I pray we don’t see whimsydale again, but the cow level is a staple that should (and will most definitely) return.

The main difference between D3 and D4 is that D3 is designed for CHILDREN, while D4 is designed for ADULTS. There is Disney’s fantasy and then there is The Game of Thrones/The Witcher 3 fantasy.

1 Like

I got a few treasure goblins so far and the mob amount will be increased as you progress as seen in the Eurogamer interview with the Devs ( just google: Beta has become a twisted word": Blizzard responds to Diablo 4 early access feedback)
Sadly I can’t post the link :frowning: