D4 has seriously excluded all humor?

I wish there was a bit more humor, but I don’t mind it being missing as the game is supposed to be dark and depressing People starving while trying to survive amongst monsters, undead, demons, and the war between heaven and hell. It’s not a nice place and likely very little joy to be had for the most part. Everyone is focused on survival.

I did however find a brazier that says “Inarius is a goat”

It’s interesting how people though D2 was the best ever and it is dreary, depressing and dark hold cow level.

People cry because D3 seemed to cartoon and light (Though really wasn’t light at all)

D4 went back to the theme in D1 and D2 and people… are mad? Ya’ll are impossible.

3 Likes

Seems you never played D1 or D2 … D4 went back to the theme ?! are you kidding me?

2 Likes

I played both.

Did you ever read the books?

I’m a little more in tune thn you ever will be.

Here doubt jpeg.
Who cares if they use the real story if the way the give it to you is just garbage ? This game needs atleast a complete overhaul with skills, “pseudo-skilltree” and the open world.

Yawn. Go back to listening to your content creator that lives off your donos.

Go watch a Marvel movie or something if you want your American tv family friendly cringe humour. Go back to playing D3 if you don’t like it but you don’t know what core of Diablo series was.

Thank you Blizzard for not including that. Keep the dark atmosphere please. Game looks ten times better than Diablo 3.

5 Likes

Good riddance as well. Has no place in diablo universe imo

1 Like

If you want some humor then go wach some Disney cartoon or play the secret “pony land” level in D3.

2 Likes

I think D2 and D1 had some good dark humor/ lighthearted interactions but yes the constant barrage in D3 is really annoying and breaks immersion.

Don’t need to be hateful about it though lol, pony level was literally a giant middle finger to beta testers. And while I respect the devs for doing it, I’d appreciate never seeing it in a diablo game again

6 Likes

yes god please dont let some different character behaviour into our game. all the same and all dark and serious. how one dimensional you can be … yes.

I was really angry because the pony level had the needed level of violence and gore the rest of the game was missing lol.

Depends what behaviour we’re talking about. Your example from D3 was just cringe. I’d post some joke I recently discovered from D2 npc dialogue but I could get banned for that nowadays lol.

They could have remade it as a Greed Demon and it would have fit in.

diablo 3 was a disaster in terms of atmosphere and tone. the crappy painterly/cartoon art style, the followers constantly making cheesy/corny jokes, the laughable dialogue like the butcher yelling “meat good. vegetable bad!!!” give me a break.

i can understand why someone who has only played diablo 3 might be a little taken back by diablo 4’s “dreary and depressing” mood. but this is what diablo is supposed to be like. diablo 3 was a massive departure from the first two games in terms of style and tone, honestly it felt more like warcraft than diablo. i’m glad that diablo 4 has gone back to the roots of the franchise

5 Likes

There are absolutely treasure goblins, I have killed a few. I did let one run away in hopes that he’d open a portal, but sadly it seemed he opened it, jumped through & closed it again.

Whimseydale, no thank you. It was a jab at those who criticized D3 for being “too colorful/bright” and it can stay there. The whole point of the Diablo franchise is that Hell is coming to take over the world - if that’s not depressing, I do not know what is. I will HAPPILY create whatever is needed for the Cow Kingdom though!

I’m honestly not sure why people keep saying there are no mobs or only few mobs. I find bunches of them, literally. (I’m talking outside of events.) Maybe it’s the time I’m playing, which is like 3-4 a.m. PDT and I play for a couple hours. I generally see several players in Kyovashad, 1 or 2 in Menestad & Nevesk. Haven’t seen more than 2 players together at any point anywhere outside of the cities though.

“Funny” speeches and jokes have no place in diablo, that’s what made diablo 3 ridiculous.

No thanks, please blizzard, keep the dark atmos.

2 Likes

Agreed BUT a little post end game humor isnt terrible, like the cow level. The unicorn level was a bit much though.

We havent seen end game in open beta, so maybe theres a little somethin somethin

you kiddin me Treasure goblins are the best and I adore. Wtf are these haters!

Good thing. Diablo is about fighting demons. Why should there be jokes?
WoW or heartstone, or maybe Overwatch is the game to play if you want humour.

Or you can play Path of Exile and dress like actual clown (I mean real clown).

3 Likes