D4 carving out a new genre?

With all these Diablo identity experts, I say we start calling it for what it is…
a Massively Online-Only Action Role-Playing Dungeon Crawling game (MOOARPDC), or more commonly referred to as a Moo.

5 Likes

I do not care how “Massively” some people think it is I run mostly solo and I like it.

7 Likes

100% this. No content in D4 requires other players. I can do everything solo, including Legions and World Bosses. Grouping is more efficient, but not required - unlike an MMO which requires groups to complete content.

5 Likes

Under this pretense is D3 also a MOO? For Pc players at least I mean. I know console players can play offline.

1 Like

PS…I am primarily a solo player. Just a name…not a demand.

1 Like

Is it 12 players per shard or something? That is not even remotely close to be massive.

It might be a Multiplayer Online game, in the sense that it unfortunately is Online Only, and Multiplayer is sometimes unavoidable.

Also, the dungeon crawling in the game is severely lacking.
How about:
Multiplayer Online Mindless Blasting Action Role-Playing Game.
MOMBARPG

2 Likes

One reason why I stopped playing D:($) was because I had to wait on others to join me so I could finish things :-1:

3 Likes

Dark Age of Camelot in 2002 had deeper dungeons and could handle more people in one area without lag. Kinda crazy when you think about how weak/simple the foundation is of this game and the budget.

1 Like

You had me at spoiler moo.

2 Likes

And now I am hungry for a hamburger… thanks!

:cow:

2 Likes

Dang, everyone has pen and paper out dissecting the OP with a 140 word preamble to that cow joke….:underage::customs::flushed:

1 Like

D4 is a worse version of Lost Ark. No community support systems of any kind but still MMOARPG.

1 Like

Moo

:cow:

I love my beef!

2 Likes

It incorporates some of “Destiny tech” with its multiplayer features like seamless grouping and seeing other players although you are not in a dedicated server, which is really cool and should be the new “standard” IMO (next step would be “server meshing” to hopefully eliminate loading/transition time, and if possible, realizing a fully seamless world).

Outside of that then it’s basically still D2/D3 at its heart.

Moo moo moo.

Moo , moo moo mooo?

1 Like

Moooo

Its really not even close to the game play loop of Lost Ark.

It ain’t massive anything I’m lucky if I see one other person in town and generally between one and no persons in chat.

Which is fine with me if they ever make a solo self found mode let’s just say I’m already there.

More like Not-So-Massive Somewhat-Decaying Child of Greed and False Promises (NSMSDCGFP) also known as No Vowels.

OH my non-existent-killer-cow… my previous comment went to The level of Sparkling happiness and rainbows (…)”. What a waste :cry:

Well, let’s try again… Dark fantasy, isometric, RPG. And Horde Action (because you kill hordes of enemies really fast). DFIHARPG.

oh… I didn’t say Moo.

Edit: Oh! I just noticed that you can order it like this: DFHARPIG… Sounds a bit like “WTF Harpy-pig” :sweat_smile: