D3 did it better in many ways

It’s not ok to have 10 stats that are the same, because the game relies on RNG to get them and it just dilutes their value.

Cc damage
Chilled damage
Frozen damage

Which one does a frost mage take? One, two, all? It’s just more useless clutter

11 Likes

It always have a learning curve. Faster for some and others won’t simply. The game tools actually explay what does each stat does. So i call a lack of reading or not understanding the term diminishing returns, which aply to the most of stats in this game and its clearly explayned to the plater when hober over. i mean im not telling its perfect need a lot of tweak. But I personally.like more this direction. Contraru to the zoom zoom is great imo.

1 Like

it is difficult I would imagine to balance old RPG trends like you play one character the entire time and it costs 6,000,000 DKP to respec and the neo RPG trends of every character is the same, respec your gear at any time, and you can identify as a GM

1 Like

It’s not that extreme, and other Blizzard games (like Diablo 3) already got rid of it. Why bring it back?

1 Like

me personal i am having a blast playing the game and i can never see me go back even trying D3, playing barb just feels way more fun to me and that’s me lvling whit a WW build atm plus i have som filthy good items that just melts large packs of mobs in seconds atm.

2 Likes

it self explanatory cc is all crowd control,
Frozen is frozen enemies,
Chilled is chilled enemies,
What you need is a scalar ramp so which ever has the best dmg multiplier, while still having viable utility.

1 Like

This thread feels like complaining about shades of red to a colorblind audience.

6 Likes

You had to expect it though. Everyone here hates D3 with a blazing passion.

3 Likes

But think about the meaningful choice!

THE MEANINGFUL CHOICE!

6 Likes

You’re comparing a game that took about 2 years to make “good” to a game that’s literally just been launched… AND D3 was launched when Blizzard was at their “prime”. You say they should know better by now, but they obviously took a completely different design element with D4. It plays much slower than D3, and has more customization to how you want to play. It’s a ARPG/MMO feel to it not the mindless hack/slash D3 had. It’s also not the same design team.

Diablo 2 was the same. It wasn’t as good at launch, but got perfected over time.

Not at all actually. I just stopped reading once I got the feeling that looking up guides or videos was too much work for you and coming to the forums to complain instead of learning the stats/mechanics was the better option. I would be more open to this post if your criticism was actually constructive after actually learning the mechanics. Most games these days you have to watch video or guides on stuff. This isn’t new…

You said D4’s dungeons are boring and the same thing over and over…News flash, D3 was literally the same thing just will different arts.

Go play D3 then if it’s so great. Nobody’s stopping you.

2 Likes

D3 was even the better game at launch, but people can’t see past the RMAH.

D3

• Had stats that actually worked. Not only are most stats in D4 useless, but half of them don’t even work properly, like resistances.

• the difficulty curve was way better in D3 at launch, unlike the terrible scaling we have now.

• D3 had actual boss fights that were unique and challenging. In D4, you can facetank everything in the campaign, and all boss abilities look and feel the same. It’s even worse in dungeons. I mean, there are white skeleton archers that do more damage than the dungeon boss.

• D3 had like 5x the amount of skills at launch, and almost all builds were viable. In D4, most builds are super trash.

• The UI in D3, sure, it could be better, but compared to D4, it is stellar. For example, the search function for stash and friend list.

If you peel back the first layer of D4, it is in a really poor state.

21 Likes

I had one of those rude awakening things at D3 launch. I played 16 hours a day and thought I was going at a ridiculous pace. Then I checked the ladders and whatever and I wasn’t even close.

I really took that to heart and have had some positive rude awakenings since then. Sometimes you just have to be OBJECTIVE with yourself and not just base things on how well you THINK YOU ARE DOING.

I’ve had similar things happen in the Civilization series where I thought my empire was unbeatable and I looked at the HARD UNDENIABLE STATISTICS THAT YOU CANT FUDGE IN A TRILLION YEARS and found out I was doing very poorly.

oh well you live and you learn

1 Like

Two years to make good compared to a game that’s been in development since 2014, nine years. Pretty sure they’ve had time to do it better. But they didn’t. So what has the mechanics team been doing for nine years?

D3 took a different design direction than D2:LOD. And they had to fix what they did with D3. Which they did. With RoS. So are they not learning from their mistakes?

Yea, that’s unpleasantly obvious.

The pattern would indicate that they aren’t learning from their mistakes.

3 Likes

Yep, exactly. It’s so trendy to sht on D3 that people can’t formulate a proper opinion on the game anymore.

RoS was really good gameplay-wise, the only thing lacking was content!

10 Likes

its got nothing to do with being a gold sink. restricted or no respecs are a defining feature of this genre, this isnt wow, wow can be played if you want to play wow. respecs are discouraged, blizzard openly said the intention is to make respecs very expensive so you are discouraged from swapping specs.

realistically it should be faster to level a character to endgame than it should be to grind gold or reagents for respeccing an existing character.

2 Likes

Generally when I hear things like “It’s trendy to sht on a game” that simply means there is a vocal group who actually doesn’t like it. It’s about the same as “This just isn’t as good as D2” which to be honest I generally relate more to the latter. Oops.

D3 was abysmal at launch. It became better with ROS. It’s done but you can still play it. I’ll take D4 and its future over D3 any day of the week and I’ll even admit D4 needs improvement.

2 Likes

Diablo isn’t WoW ok fair enough.
But you did omit the part where I say “D3 has free respecs too”, and it’s also a Diablo game. So what’s your argument then?

And “the devs said they wanted to implement it like that to make it matter” is to me, and many others Diablo players, a dumb idea.

2 Likes

diablo 3 was the worst diablo game, and free respecs was one of the reasons behind it.

2 Likes

It is not, you’re just trolling.

1 Like

Look it up. It’s a very powerful stat and it shouldn’t be removed because players don’t want to learn what it is.

If it benefits you? Try it out, if it doesn’t, ignore it. You’re going to gain dexterity in your paragon, so all stats do benefit you unlike in D3.

It sounds like you’re overwhelmed and haven’t learned how to prioritize stats to strengthen your build.

1 Like