Cross platform purchase expected behavior

I am hoping to confirm the expected behavior: If I (pre) purchase the expansion on one platform, such as Battle.net, will I have it available on other platforms such as PlayStation and Xbox GamePass?

1 Like

Unfortunately not. This has really annoyed me as I own both PS5 and PC Battlenet versions. At least make it cross buy on your Ultimate Edition. I was good enough to buy your game twice but now I will have to choose which one to retire. What a way to thank your player base that stuck with your game when it got bad

2 Likes

So what will happen if I log in on my account without the expansion on that platform? The character will just be inaccessible?

I’ve asked about this several times and I get laughed at Everytime I do. And I am not sure blizz knows how it will work. But what I can say is I preordered the ultimate edition of the base game on my PC and the standard on my Xbox. I have access to the preorder cosmetics on both platforms. So it works this way with cosmetics but as far as game content who knows. What are they going to do put a lock button on your new character that you have access to on one platform but not the other. I could be wrong but I think everything is account based so once you own the dlc you should be able to access it on all platforms but this is information we should have had ages ago

Yeah the base game thing makes sense and is what I did. But beyond that who knows what digital in-game only content will do…

Might just buy it on gamepass only then so I can play on console and PC still.