Crashing after 2-20 minutes of play - Fenris

B6C634AF-DBBB-4435-A8A4-54FE2E45AB74

I keep getting the following error above and i keep crashing after anywhere from 2-20minutes of playtime. I took a break from playing Season 3 and coming back to this is frustrating. I disable cross play, check drivers and updated windows but regards i keep crashing.

Any solid fix to this?

1 Like

A lot of people getting the same problem. No fix that I’ve seen.

Yup same problem here and not a single devs have been responding to the many post about this issue.
I did a ticket about this issue and i got told to udpate drivers and see if my computer has the required specs which ofc it does, i played season 1 2 and 3 no problem.
Now I dont get any answers back

1 Like

I started getting some crashing tonight after the update. I was playing all day with no issue, not a single crash. I came home from a few hours out, updates and now 3 crashes in a row.

General performance and loading times seem better, not been hit with the constant disconnects I’ve been suffering the past couple of days. NOW the problem though is I’m just full crashing now constantly. Happened 3 times the past 25 minutes as of writing this.

also crashing a lot. 5950x with a 6950 xt 64 gb ram. didn’t have an issue season 0 playing tons. i crash a lot in helltides and now i’m crashing in dungeons.

Can I just ask, when you say crashing what actually happens? I’m getting constant crashes where my game will just Freeze and then say I’ve disconnected. I’m unable to log back in or out for a few minutes. Then it happens again 20 minutes later? Is this a similar issue to everyone else of different?

Mine actually crashes the whole PC, BSOD, within minutes of getting into the game.

Crashes every 2-5minutes
I can successfully login to a character only to have the game crash shortly afterwards. Was not an issue pre-season 4.
Uninstalled and reinstalled on 3x different drives 2 nvme and one SSD. Issue persists through all.
Also is present over both Wi-Fi and Lan.
There were no issues on this system from launch til now.
58003xd
6900XT
64GB Ram 3600mhz
WD Black SN850x 4tb Gen 4
Inland 2Tb NVME Gen 4
I’ve tried submitting a ticket 5x now only for it to never go though, so I’m at a loss at this point.

dont waste your time with a ticket, they will tell you to figure it out yourself and to bring your pc to a repair shop. The devs are clueless

2 Likes

Funny that, they built it for me (MicroCenter.) Yeah, everything i’m reading does not look good. Guess I’ll maybe see everyone in a few seasons, and my necro was finally getting some love. :frowning:

the friday patch made me crash on character screen 100% when i logged in. Yesterdays patch resolved that, now im only getting fenris crashes every 5- 30 minutes.

I lose nmd keys, i lose cinders in helltides, i lose elixirs and i lose my patience.

While playing the game just closes out and gives a crash report with nothing.

In nearby topic, “Crashes after Nvidia update” Good solution for me was found.

Rollback Nvidia griver to January version. No more freezes or crashes.

Look here :

I should admit, that rolling back to april or even march driver didnt help me. Running smooth only with January release.

Tried it, even older than january. Still crashing just the same as 555.85

but im using a geforce 770

Haven’t logged in since before the patch, which I had no issues with lagging or crashing. Now I’m getting the same issue where I get severe lag and/or crash and this is unplayable. Pretty widespread it seems, ridiculous no one at Blizz has addressed this yet.

1 Like

There are MAJOR performance Issues with season 4 constant crashing to windows 10 desktop. These issues were not present in seasons 1-3.

BTW ppl, all this crap maybe allso caused by servers and network overload, i noticed all freezing/crashing for me starts after ~17.00 cest, in day time and especially in the early morning game running super-smooth for me.

But prime time is crash-crash-freeze.
Open world, doing bounties is total disaster in prime time.

same issue ive been dealing with. will put all fixes attempted below because they dont work so don’t waste your time.

Blizzard support is actually useless, always saying “its you not us” and then “go ask in the forums we dunno” basically blizzard support is run by people with less education than grade 8 students with a cert 1 in IT. Absolutely baffling as to why they even have a support system if they don’t do anything besides telling you to update drivers and blame you for it.

Rant over. Specs:
RTX 4080
I7-13700K
64GB 3600MHz Ram (4x16GB)
Z790M PG Lightning/D4 Mobo

All fixes attempted, Feel free to try yourself at your own discretion:

1. Update Graphics Drivers
  2. Verify Game Files
  3. Update Windows
  4. Run as Administrator
  5. Disable Overlays and Background Applications
  6. Adjust In-Game Settings
  7. Check for Hardware Issues
  8. Reinstall the Game
  9. Memory Check
  10. Virtual Memory Settings Tweak
  11. Antivirus/Firewall toggle
  12. Driver and Software Update
  13. Clean Boot
  14. Checking and Updating Chipset Drivers
  15. Disable OC
  16. Check for software Conflicts
  17. Contact Blizzard support ← Definitely don’t do this one. Blizzard support is run by people with less IQ than the average flat earth conspiracist.
    //EDIT//
  18. Roll back GPU drivers to an older version (Jan 2024) No fix.

Im assuming that what ever is happening is 100% their side seeming the amount of people it affects, but they’re too lazy to do anything about it besides hotfixes that don’t actually target the source of the issue untill it magically fixes itself.

TL:DR
Game support useless.
Fixes don’t work.
If you’re a super genius pls figure it out and fix.