Crash instantly after 1.1.1 update following Fenris crashing

So I dont know what this stuff between you guys is but my problem is solved already. (By disabling crossplay at first, that made it playable again but I installed more ram today for the long haul, couldve probably removed some more win10 bloat) Yes it did crash then with an error message which when clicked or alt f4 fast enough (few seconds) prevented any issue, it just closed to desktop.

I dont expect the RAM usage of this/any game to go down for each patch as it has only gone up in my experience (thats why I started crashing this week). Even though Blizz have announced “performance” fixes in the patch notes. More content more stuff to load… Maybe it will decrease one time if they stop loading all stashes or whatever MMO’s do.

The log file however can be very useful to diagnose a problem so for the people up in the thread or reading this who are experiencing crashes you might be able to check that out. See games install folder
How do i tag people in here, before they delete the game… Maybe they will come back later :expressionless:

You just don’t understand how it works. Go to Task Manager and look at the Memory tab.

In use is the amount of RAM the system is using.
Availeble is the amount of RAM that is free.
Cached is the amount of free RAM that is used for cache.
Committed is the amount of virtual memory. The very memory that is running out in this case.

That would be great if I could see their stats.

All I can look at is mine. I know those numbers. But in this case, if the number committed is matching the total amount… Well. Boom.

This isn’t rocket science. And according to the data above, there was no free space left.

Because you have limited the virtual memory limit to the amount of RAM. And it could have been mapped to disk as a swap file, thereby expanding your memory maneuvering space. And the number in the Availeble parameter (free RAM) is far from Boom.

Not sure where I posted this fix, but I have found that by disabling the “killer network manager” in windows most of these problems go away. I was having the same issues and diablo would actually turn off my internet connection for a few seconds (long enough to die in nightmare dungeons). anyway, this program actually turns off your internet connection to " save power" ??? you can turn off this option in device manager, but i recommend just deleling the program all together.

edit…
ok, even though the above helped a lot, it did not totally fix the problem, so i found an extra work around ( not really a fix, but should fix it until Blizzard fixes it).

The answer for those that have both ethernet and wifi adapters on their systems, you can run both at the same time. that way, when diablo kills your ethernet connection, your wifi is still running and keeps the game from booting you because it lost connection. to do this, you just have to :

go to settings / network and security / advanced network settings / more network adapter options / right click on your active ethernet connection / properties / configure / advanced / priority and vlan / under value set it to disabled…

you should now notice back in you network and internet settings that both adapters are working at the same time instead of windows deciding which of the two to use…

hope this helps

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.