Crash instantly after 1.1.1 update following Fenris crashing

From patch 1.0.3 i’ve experienced non resolved crashing from loading into game to straight to desktop. Upon patch 1.1.0 I then experienced the constant Fenris crash from interacting with anything in the game. Now with patch 1.1.1 I am now back to crashing to desktop with no error message… I had 0 problems from beta to launch to 1.0.3, i’ve performed every “Fix” under the sun with no remedy. I am sorry to those also in my situation who try to support this game and enjoy it with their friends but can no longer do so. I will be requesting a full refund for my Early access purchase.

8 Likes

I’m experiencing this now. In the previous patch, I was relatively stable (only crashing a couple of times per day) but post-patch, I’m crashing less than 1 minute after loading into Ked Bardu. This happened 3 times in a row.

It seems like with almost every patch, any progress they previously made toward reducing crashes is erased.

edit: I’m not going to list the (literally) over 100 tweaks I’ve tried recommended from previous similar threads and from Blizzard customer support. It took countless hours to try to get the game in a stable state with my insane, top-tier machine’s specs. As of today, all of that progress is just gone.

I’m just posting this because anyone who might be interested in trying to help should not waste their time by recommending the usual suggestions. This is new.

3 Likes

Can confirm. Ive met many friends through Diablo. Now Im no longer able to play with some of them due to this glitch. Meanwhile eveyone streaming on twitch using PC has no issues. Its unacceptable.

2 Likes

Same as 2nd post,

Would crash occasionatly, but could still pull in some hours during my sessions.
Now I get crash to desktop nearly instantly after loading or after opening map/inventory.

I didn’t know they had a refund policy, looks like i’ll be doing the same.

€70 is a lot of money to me and I mainly bought it because I have close friends who play but I can’t even join with them.

1 Like

I can confirm the instant crashes while opening map/inventory and while warping to a dungeon or tp to town. I can no longer play halve an hour without a crash, sometimes nearly instantly after starting the game. That started with the patch, bevore that it was … not without fault, but I was able to play for hours before some random crash occoured.

3 Likes

Same here, pre 1.1.1 I had ocasional crashes, now post 1.1.1 I can’t play 20 minutes and it crashes any time, any where.

3 Likes

Same here every patch break the game its not acceptable for a 80$ game

4 Likes

Amazing how I can run thru an entire hell tide and never crash but as soon as I get half way into a nightmare dungeon game crash. Wouldn’t be so bad if you didn’t lose your progress and the entire dungeon you used a sigil on

I downloaded the latest Windows 11 updates (including cumulative preview content) and just now did a clean install of nvidia drivers. The game crashes almost instantly after opening a vendor. Here is the Fenris code from the most recent crash:

C3BEC836-BA50-4AD5-A056-1EAC7D572AD6

3 Likes

Crashing constantly as well.
Drivers updated, brand new pc actually. Everything up to date.
This is so incredibly frustrating

2 Likes

Having insane lag issues on PS4. Every time I speak to a vendor it takes literally 20 seconds or more for the store or blacksmith menu to open. Then in nightmare dungeons, walking in town, and literally anything else in the game it will freeze for about 10 seconds or I have to open and close my map to stop the freezing. In most cases in the nightmare dungeons I am dead by the time this freezing is over due to everything having to speed up into actual gameplay. It is getting WORSE with every patch update.

Please try to keep this post Just about crashing to Desktop on with no error so they will see and review, to many of these thread turn into other problems like console concerns, that is a separate forum thank you. i was recommended the below which did not work I now crash more consistently on game launch, big oofs.
There are also some game options in Windows that have caused similar problems so try these steps:

1. Search Gaming in Windows and press enter
  2. Click Game Bar and toggle the slider to Disable everything.
  3. Click Captures and toggle the slider to Disable everything
  4. Click Game Mode and toggle the slider to Disable everything

Next, we should try uninstalling the High-Resolution Assets by clicking the cogwheel next to Play and selecting Modify Install and then Modify Install again.

After that, set the Blizzard app to close when the game launches by clicking the blue logo on the top left and going to Settings > App > General > On game launch > Exit Battle.net completely.

1 Like

I am constantly crashing as well :frowning:
hasnt happen since this patch came in.

Man, loading everyone else extra stash tab is killing my pc…

2 Likes

$8000 Gaming PC

I score 99% plus on the 3DMark Stress test
Blender, Cinema3D, Heaven bench marks and stress tests cause no issues

but this game I crash with in 5 min of launching the game with fans running like a jet engine…

Basic specs:
13900KS
4090 Founders Edition
ASUS Maximus Extreme mother board
128GB of 6000Mhz RAM
1600W BeQuiet Dark 13 power supply
Corsair 7000D case with 12 fans, and a 420mm AIO
OLED screen
Creative AE9 Sound Card
4 Gen 5 2TB SSD’s with dedicated Windows 11 no-bloat install on one of them

This shouldn’t be happening on a system like this.

Surely they have to be aware of this and working to fix it??? WTF over?

2 Likes

This is also happening to me. Very frustrating when you’re in a dungeon and have to do the entire thing over again. It would be one thing if you just logged back in, and were where you left off, but having to start dungeon content over is awful…

1 Like

I can’t even play on low graphics now… just straight crashing with Fenris to desktop.

3 Likes

I’ve got something!
The crashes somehow seem to be connected with Gea Kul. When teleporting to it from anywhere or when teleporting from it to anywhere the game crashes without fail.
I was now able to play normally now without a crash when this town was not involved. The crashes on my map or inventory seem to be connected to that town as well, though I can’t really reprodurce those right now.
I was able to use a waypoint to get away from it, every other warp crashes.

edit:
further testing reveals: other towns seem to be involved here too. However I was able to port successfully to and from Kyovashad.

edit2:
now, it crashes with waypoint travel too… and with Kyovashad too. Porting from anywhere to anywhere. Porting in general.
Seems like the initial 2-3 successfull waypoint ports to Kyovashad were enabled due to my PC freshly being restarted after the night. Now I can’t play again, porting to anywhere from anywhere crashes the game.

edit 3:
further Testing reveals: Porting to and from Menestad as well as the whispering tree seems to be fine. Those are the only 2 towns I can currently port to and from savely. Further tests: Bear Tribe crashed, Ked Bardu crashed, Wejinhani is fine, Rakhat is fine, Backwater is fine, Vyeresz crashed… I don’t see any connection. I give up an leave the game alone now.

1 Like

DUDEE WHAT THE HELL LMFAO BLIZZARD, was frustated before the patch now after the patch i cant even play the game, NICE GAME BLIZZARD

Same here. Game unplayable now because locks whole pc.

idem depuis la mise a jours du 8 impossible de me TP je me fais deconnecter du jeu