Constantly Rubberbanding and Disconnecting on PC

Great! But…

Don’t forget: The fault lies with your provider :wink:
I swear, this will be a running gag for years to come.

1 Like

Throwing my hat into the ring

Tried a VPN. No dice
Tried turning off cross-play. No dice
Tried wired versus a wifi connection. No dice (that was fun lugging my computer down two flights of stairs)
Tried updating drivers (good idea…but no dice)
Restarting computer. No dice

Can’t play the game in it’s current state. I can’t go thirty feet without a massive rubberband or moonwalk of death. Can’t even begin to count the number of times I’ve watched my character die due to a five second pause. (packet burst issue I’m guessing?) Even watched my teleport progress bar go in reverse (new skill unlocked? Time travel?)

Do love the gaslighting though:

“it’s your provider” if it was I’d be experiencing it on all my games. I’m not.

“You’re too far from a server” I’ve got one right across the river from me

“You have a slow connection” Yeah, 300Mbps down 30Mbps up is “slow” sure Jan

Edit: Just remembered: I had a near perfect network performance during the supposed “server slam”

2 Likes

I certainly hope that blizzard will admit sooner than later this issue is related to their servers. During Early access I had zero issues with latency and rubberbanding but after the launch it happens enough to be annoying. During a large event I rubber banded and lagged to such a degree it was unplayable. It wasn’t till I left the area that my latency went back down.

• No problem closed beta
  • No problem Open Beta
  • Problems during Server Slam (I chalked up to server load)
  • Problems during Live

My ping is seldom lower than 250, but can go as low as 65/100 for brief time. Frequently goes up over 500 even to 1400. This is a Diablo only problem.

1 Like

I am getting DC’ed and then game disappears, have to relaunch it. East coast on PC, and rubber banding it quite common.

This happens roughly once an hour, sometimes more frequent, sometimes less. No improvements since day 1 (bought ultimate edition).

Queues are no longer an issue but DCs are killing me. Has this even been acknowledged as an ongoing issue?

3 Likes

Is there some settings document you can edit as .Txt?

Playing on PS5 from Ireland,EU
Constant lag spikes and rubberbanding.
I have good internet connection and the problem only happens during Diablo 4.

Game was running perfectly no lag during early access because of less players.
Full launch, a lot of lag and rubberbanding and a lot more players. It’s obvious they’re servers can’t handle the load but they are happy to take people’s money and hide away now when they need to take action and fix stuff by spending money on infrastructure. Very disrespectful towards they’re customers.

I still stand by my original post at the beginning of the thread.

I continue to have no issues at all with my connection in relation to playing this game. And that has been tested from two locations on 3 different machines, and 3 different ISPs. (I spent this past weekend in Ottawa ON)

In fact the only one I have any issue with at all is my Starlink, but that’s because it has some trees blocking a bit of the sight, so it causes momentary mini outages, which cause small interruptions. But that’s not Blizzard’s fault at all.

There is something between you and the server causing interruption for most of these problems.

I will concede there are some of you with issues where the traffic seems to conflict with systems or routers causing other weird issues.

But some of that is resolved with updating router firmware and settings (when possible) or setting a bandwidth limit, even if its above your actual bandwidth either in the router or modem.

1 Like

Same problem here. All games run prefectly except Diablo 4.

We need a fix, please.

1 Like

Great that you are not having any issues but please don’t tell people it’s on their side. That’s white-washing it and not helping anyone having this issue day in day out only with this game.

5 Likes

yeah seems a little weird that I can run other games just fine on my PC but this game is the only one that acts like this, but its definitely my internet right? I’ve tried so many fixes that people have posted and nothing has lessened my lag at all. Even the “troubleshooting” that was posted did nothing to help me. If my internet was cutting the connection wouldn’t I experience it on other games as well and not just this one?

1 Like

My point is, if it was coming from Blizzard directly, don’t you think it would be affecting everyone to some degree?

I also pointed out that there are issues with their game traffic causing problems with some network hardware as well. THAT is documented. And the two are probably related/linked. Meaning there is more likely a base problem.

I’m not “white-washing” anything, so stuff that thinking elsewhere. I’m not concerned about blaming Blizzard when they deserve it.

1 Like

Same here. Constant lag, rubberbanding, and disconnections. Often immediately when entering the game. Sometimes the game can hang when booting. Login screen will freeze without showing the “Logging in…”. Otherwise the lag starts immediately after joining a server. The game doesn’t seem to want to respect the disabled crossplay settings either. Fine with all other games. Restarted the modem, reset connection settings, replaced the modem, and attempted several other troubleshooting strategies to no avail. Gigabit internet. It’s likely not my network. Internet is fine with all other games, streaming, etc.

3 Likes

Not all issues affect every client. In fact, the most elusive and difficult to debug are often issues that don’t. This issue is too widespread to not be an issue stemming from Blizzard. There are too many people reporting that they have no issues with their internet or any other games, and only issues with Diablo 4.

2 Likes

This I have noticed as well.

Do you have a way to set a bandwidth limit with your network? And I’m not asking you to cap it, but rather set it to its maximum speed potential, faster than the internet even.

And I will point out that while I know 1GB+ internet speeds are available, not many devices can talk to each other faster than 1GB anyway.

Meaning, if you are looking at your LAN connection and seeing it say 1GB there, that’s not your internet speed, that’s how fast your device is talking to your switch/router/modem. Just a thought.

A bandwidth limit didn’t help unfortunately. Speed tests are reporting 200 MB/S +, which should be plenty to run a game. It’s more likely the game is causing issues with firewalls and/or modems.

1 Like

Well, that much is fairly certain at this point. Which is why I wasn’t letting them off the hook.

But having “server” issues based solely on connection most likely isn’t it. More likely the traffic itself.

I believe that issue they are looking hard into though, even if we have no word from them about it yet.

2 Likes

Hopefully they can resolve the issue(s) soon because the game is and has been completely unplayable for me.

1 Like

It is definitely a Server problem during busy times.
Played today morning (germany) and it plays great. No latency, no rubberbanding. I bet if I play later today after work it is nearly unplayable again

1 Like

I have had this problem since the update, before it was fine, now the game is unplayable, when I can get it actually to connect. Sick of it. This wasn’t a problem at launch, just one of Blizzards fixes that break everything else as usual.

3 Likes