Constant Crashing as of the Latest Patch - Am I Alone? (Update: Nope, there are others)

From the link:

Faulting application path: B:\Battle.netLibrary\Diablo IV\Diablo IV.exe

Why are the files for the game split across 2 drives?

User DPI Setting: 216 DPI (225 percent)
   System DPI Setting: 288 DPI (300 percent)

Also something weird happening here.

That may have something to do with the Oculus headset he’s got connected to the system.

@FancyPeanut - If your boot drive has at least 30 GB of free space, you might want to try setting your Windows VM page size to 16 GB and see if that helps. The current patch has a very weird issue wherein it isn’t flushing textures properly or doing proper texture swapping to RAM, but instead almost entirely to VM. It’s so bad that the virtual memory system will run out of addressable space and crash the game even if there is physical RAM available.

No, you shouldn’t have to touch the VM page file size. Ever. But whatever this patch is doing, it isn’t doing it kosher when it comes to textures and how it’s swapping them.

Hi Nicole.

As mentioned previously in thread in addition to the original post, I’ve reinstalled multiple times on different drives during troubleshooting. These logs were separate events from when the game was installed onto those respective drives. In no way are the files split across multiple drives, note the datetime on the log entry.

System DPI being different from User DPI is a standard and not recently added feature of Windows explained in more detail here in the official Microsoft developers blog titled: “Improving the high-DPI experience in GDI based Desktop Apps”. I tried to link you, but linking has since been disabled on the forum apparently, it blocked my reply.

This is almost certainly not the issue as I’ve also tested on another monitor where I didn’t override DPI and beyond that is a commonly used Windows feature.

I’d love if you could specifically address that this issue is only occurring as of the latest patch, with 10’s of hours spent crash free before that point, as well as the fact that I’m not the only person receiving this exact error.

Has this been elevated in any way? Is anyone with technical expertise aware that users are facing this issue? What are the next steps?

Gotta say, that posting is the only way to submit a technical problem to Blizzard according to Blizzard’s support site and yet the majority of posts are never replied to or only replied to sporadically doesn’t seem like the best way to manage tech support for a triple A game.

To post links if you are below trust level 3, encase them in between two grave (`) marks like so:

`https://www.apple.com`

That produces this:

https://www.apple.com

Have the same problem with DIABLO IV for about 3 weeks. My DESKTOP-ALIENWARE, i have i9 with 4090
GAME DIABLO IV crashes after just a few minutes.
error in event logs is Battlenet

Hope they are reading our messages!!!

I don’t work at Blizzard. I recommend reviewing your MSInfo (after exporting) for errors from one of the many apps having conflicts with Blizzard games.

• Sophos
  • AVG
  • MalwareBytes
  • Norton
  • Avast
  • SentryBay
  • DaVinci Resolve (not sure why this is doing it, but someone confirmed it)

Not sure who this is aimed at but it sounds very passive aggressive.

Having the Same issues with both Diablo 4 and WoW. Started about a month ago. Only these 2 games I have issues with .

YUP! I also continue to CRASH every 1-2 minutes in DIABLO IV.
Tried everything to NO avail. I had this problem for about 1 month.
The latest updates DO NOT fix the problem. And, my ALIENWARE DESK TOP is running correctly.
NO PROBLEM with my desk top at all
HOPE the TECHS are reading OUR msgs!!!

I have this problem, too. Running a really newly built PC. 32GB RAM, Windows 11 with all the latest updates, RTX 4070 Super (brand new GPU with latest drivers), playing on PC obviously. Getting constant crashes, and it happens randomly. Sometimes when I’m just standing around, sometimes during combat in Helltide, sometimes inside of NM Vaults. It happens all over the game for no reason.

The constantness of the crashes means I am having a LOT of trouble getting anything done in this game =/ It’s so frustrating!

Same here, constant crashes on a PC with 32 gb of ram and rtx 3090 with either 'Runs out of memory", no message at all, or even making the whole system unresponsive, so I have to use the reset button.
Can’t say anything about previous patches, since I have just started playing.
Triple A experience, to say the least.

Been happening to me for several months now. It got so bad that I took a break for a couple of weeks, then decided yesterday to try the PTR. Same exact thing happening there! And that constant Reconnecting to Diablo IV message in the top left of my screen, even when I am in the game and playing, until I am suddenly disconnected again.

1 Like

I also have the problem of getting disconnected after just playing 1-2 minutes in DIABLO IV. Had complained for over two months to NO AVAIL.
HAVE ALIENWARE DESK TOP and have No problems when not playing. HOPE techs are aware of this MAJOR PROBLEM!

2 Likes

i have the same issue. No virus, chache clean, repair tool, dllss is not working well, i play other games and i have no issues, actually i play games with more requirements than this, i can play them but not this since last patch.

Even the game says that i need to low graphics having 32 gb ram, a good intel motherboard and 4080 RTX.

Is not that we have the problem, you have done a bad patch, sorry, not insulting, just saying the truth, please fix it, i cannot even play it with low graphics.

2 Likes

Same problem here. Crashing every few minutes, mostly on area change. I have tried all of the solutions in the KB article, including completely reinstalling the game. Nothing helps.

Since there appears to be absolutely no way to reach anyone in Tech Support, other than this forum, what am I supposed to do to get this fixed? I literally can’t play the game for more than 10 minutes at a time. This isn’t fun.

I have random 1 a day disconnect crash error with the report ID: FDC70C1D-08CB-4E36-8734-3E1F8934CFCC

After everytime i completing something a dungeon or a quest than sometimes it crashed. It is weird. Because by other games As example The Witcher 3 everything on ultra + raytracing on and DLLS 3.5 ON no problem at al.

And with Diablo 4 if i have DLLS 3.5 ON weird screen tering / black / white flickering and the crashes? It is in my eyes a Blizzard Diablo thing.

my pc setup is high end with a:

RTX 4080 OC 16gb
i7 13gen
64GB DDR4 overclocked profile

And why i as ample the Witcher 3 take is because in my option the witcher 3 is graphics very very havier

I tried uninstalling the latest Nvidia driver and going a couple of versions back. I still crashed. I tried turning off the overclocking on my Alienware rig, that didn’t help. At this point, I don’t know what it could be OTHER than D4 bugs.

How do we report these codes to blizzard?

I just entered this in the Bug Reports section. I suggest that anyone here who is still affected chime in on my thread in Bug Reports.

I found the problem fix for me. In the first place i throught it was the game fault. After i read the logh of windows. I saw a inntressing thing. The error was not the game. It was by me the Windows defender that scanning the game folder. And blocked the access to the game i get the error. After i set the game folder file as accept i have so far 4 days no errors / disconnecting anymore.

Added the folder by Windows defender → Controlled folder acces —> allow an app via controlled folder and at Diablo 4 folder.
Hope that this work also for you.